Log In Trouble
Staying Logged On (Remember My Login)
Changing Your Username or Password
Creating a Web Account
Member Services can be reached by phone at +1.415.561.8581 or 866.561.8558 (U.S. toll-free) or email email@example.com. You can also visit the Annual Meeting section of our website for more detailed information, troubleshooting and FAQs about Meeting Registration.
If you are an Academy, AAOE or ISRS member and are unable to log in:
- DON’T create a new account. This will not connect to your existing member record, and will not give you access to password-protected content, existing online products or CME credits, or Member pricing on Academy products, where applicable.
Verify that you are using the correct information:
- If you are taking your login information from an email message from April, 2009 or before, this information is almost certainly out of date.
- In many cases, office staff who log on to the Academy, AAOE or ISRS sites on behalf of members have been required to change login information to comply with our financial institutions' security policies. Some staff may not have shared this information with the member; and vice-versa. If your colleagues are available, verify that no one else has changed the login information.
If you believe you are using the correct information, but you are still unable to log in:
- Have your login information emailed to you. Your username and password can only be sent to the primary email address already on file in your account. If you do not have an email address on file or if the address in your account is one that you cannot currently access, you cannot use our automated system to retrieve your account details, and must contact Member Services for assistance.
Verify that your system is working properly:
- The Academy, AAOE and ISRS web sites are not compatible with the AOL browser. We recommend connecting to the site using a current version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Google Chrome.
- If you have another computer available, try logging in from that other computer.
- If you have just changed your login information and now cannot log in with either the new or old information, this problem is most often related to your browser's cached information. Clear your browser's cookies (this process differs with each browser - check your browser's documentation to find out the specific procedure for your system). Once you have cleared the cookies from your machine, close all of your browser windows, reopen and try logging in again. If you have continued trouble logging in, contact Member Services by phone at +1.415.561.8581 or 866.561.8558 (U.S. toll-free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At any time, you may contact Member Services or the Webmaster to retrieve your username or have your password reset. Academy, AAOE and ISRS staff are not able to view Member passwords, and so we cannot send you your login information, except through the automatic online system, as detailed above. Staff are able to reset passwords temporarily to allow member access. To have your password reset, contact Member Services by phone at +1.415.561.8581 or 866.561.8558 (U.S. toll-free) or email email@example.com.
When contacting Member Services or the Webmaster to report a problem with the Academy, AAOE or ISRS sites, be sure to include your name, ID number (if known), a description of what specific issue is occurring, the type and version number of your browser (such as Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.6, etc.), and the full web address of the page in question (copy the address from your browser's address bar: it will probably begin with http://www.aao.org...).
Remember My Login on this Computer
You can remain indefinitely logged in to the Academy, AAOE and ISRS websites. On the login page, check the box next to "Remember my login on this computer" and you will stay logged in to the web site until you clear your cookies, log out of the web site with the log out link, or log in to the web site with your login from a different computer.
If you enable this feature, note that you will need to provide your password again for certain sensitive areas of the web site like CME and Update Your Membership Listing.
Changing Your Username
Currently, you can change your username by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing Your Password
You can change your password using the Change Your Password form. You will be asked to enter your username and current password, twice, for verification. Note that new passwords must be seven characters or more in length, and are case sensitive.
After you create your password, verification will be sent to the email address we have on file for you. You will be able to log in to the web site with your username and new password immediately.
Creating a Web Account
If you are not a member of the Academy, AAOE or ISRS and want to register for the Annual Meeting online or purchase items in our online store, you must create a Web account (or Web record) on our site either during checkout in the store or before registering for the Meeting. Specific information and instruction is provided in the relevant areas of the site for both of these situations.
If you are a member of the Academy, AAOE or ISRS and have forgotten your login, do not create a Web account, as it will not give you access to member sections of the web site, discounts in the store or the member rate during registration. Follow the directions for retrieving forgotten login information.