Conquering ICD-10-CM — Medicare ICD-10 Testing Week
March 3-7, 2014 - Acknowledgement Testing
CMS announces a national testing week for current direct submitters (providers and clearinghouses).
- If you are a direct submitter with at submitter ID, you can register directly on your Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) website. Use the "registration links" below, listed by jurisdiction, to register for testing week.
- If you are an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), you will need to contact and sign up through your clearing house.
- If you use Direct Data Entry (DDE) to submit your claims, you cannot participate in testing week.
CMS has announced there will be additional testing weeks scheduled for May. To receive announcements and updates for these additional testing weeks, be sure to sign up for your MAC listserv. You can also perform “unofficial” testing from March-October through your MAC. For more details about unofficial testing, contact your MAC directly.
What you can expect during testing:
- Test claims with ICD-10 codes must be submitted with current dates of service (i.e. Oct. 1, 2013 through March 3, 2014), since testing does not support future dated claims. All CEDI systems is able to accommodate use of ICD-10 codes on test claims with dates of service prior to October 1, 2014.
- Test files must be marked as “Test” in the ISA record.
- Test claims will receive the CEDI 277CA and/or 999 acknowledgement as appropriate to confirm the claim was accepted or rejected in the CEDI front end system.
- Testing will not confirm claim payment nor produce a remittance advice.
- MACs and CEDI will be staffed to handle increased call volume during this week
More information is available in MLN Matters® Article MM8465, “ICD-10 Testing with Providers through the Common Edits and Enhancements Module (CEM) and Common Electronic Data Interchange (CEDI).”
Watch MAC listserv messages for these announcements. This page will be updated as new information becomes available.
MAC contractor registration links: