today for the fall Council meeting* to be held, in conjunction with AAO 2014, on Sunday, Oct. 19
, from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m
. at the Fairmont Hotel - Millennium Park
in Chicago. It requires separate meeting registration
from AAO 2014. Review the meeting schedule and location information below.
*Note: Separate registration is required to attend the fall Council meeting.
- Members of the Academy’s Council, an advisory body to the Board of Trustees, and leaders of ophthalmic state, subspecialty and specialized interest societies will meet to discuss issues of importance to membership and the profession.
- Updates regarding various Academy activities and strategic issues affecting the profession will be provided, including key advocacy issues related to state and federal affairs.
- The Council will also meet by region to discuss issues common to certain areas of the country.
- Academy members are welcome and encouraged to attend this meeting.
- Registration is extended until Oct. 6 for the fall Council meeting.
Fall Council Meeting Schedule
Fairmont Chicago - Millennium Park
|Sunday, Oct. 19
|10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
||Registration and Information
|11:30 p.m. to 1 p.m.
||Opening Session with Council of Advocates session
|1 p.m to 2 p.m.
||State Section meeting*
|1 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
||Subspecialty/Specialized Interest Section meeting*
|2:15 p.m to 3:45 p.m.
||Regional Meetings (state section only)
|3:45 p.m. to 4 p.m.
|4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
||Council Closing Session
* working luncheon
The Council meets twice each year: in the fall, in conjunction with the Academy's annual meeting, and in the spring, in conjunction with the Academy's Mid-Year Forum.
Councilors are required to attend ALL Council meetings.
The spring Council meeting will be held in conjunction with the 2015 Mid-Year Forum in Washington, D.C., from April 17-18.
If you have questions about the Council meeting, contact us.