What Are Keratitis Symptoms?
Keratitis or corneal ulcer signs and symptoms include:
- Red eye;
- Eye pain;
- Tearing and/or discharge from your eye;
- Pain or irritation that makes opening your eyelid difficult;
- Burning, itchy or gritty feeling in your eye;
- Swelling around the eye;
- A feeling that something is in your eye;
- Blurry vision;
- Sensitivity to light (photophobia).
Image reprinted, with permission, from Schwab IR, External Disease and Cornea: A Multimedia Collection, San Francisco: American Academy of Ophthalmology, 1994.