The reports below are updates from members working in Haiti as well as news from the field from relief organizations.
Follow Eye M.D.s Involved in Recovery Efforts
Academy members are volunteering to provide medical care to the Haitian people in this time of crisis. Are you currently volunteering in Haiti? We want to hear from you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kaz Soong, MD, of W. K. Kellogg Eye Center (May)
- Philip R. Rizzuto, MD, FACs, of Warren Alpert Medical of Brown University (March)
- Ophthalmic Update from Mildred Olivier, MD (Jan. 24)
- Michael W. Brennan, MD, former Academy president (Feb. 7)
- Mildred Olivier, MD, of the Midwest Glaucoma Center (Jan. 24)
- Mildred Olivier, MD, of the Midwest Glaucoma Center (Jan. 22)
- Tom Johnson, MD, of Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (Jan. 21)
- James Banta, MD, of Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (Jan. 16)
(Picture at left: Drs. Bridgette Hudicourt, Mildred Olivier and Kaz Soong. At right: Physicians at the Haiti General Hospital.)
Are You an Ophthalmologist in Haiti?
Throughout the challenges you currently face and those that may lie ahead, know that our thoughts, hearts and best wishes are with you, your colleagues, your patients and your community in Haiti.
Contact us with recommendations for supplies and assistance. We will do our best to help.