Get your surgical and clinical videos ready to submit. This year, the AAO is hosting its first ever Global ONE Video Contest. The grand prize winner will take home an iPad mini or $350 in Academy Store credit.
If you have a surgical or clinical video of international interest that is under five minutes, you can submit it to the Global ONE Video Contest, anytime from 1 September to 31 October 2013.
How the Contest Works
The Global ONE is the international section of the AAO’s ONE Network. It contains the same high-quality videos and articles as the ONE Network, but deals with regional clinical content that reflects local ophthalmic practice. This keeps the ONE Network relevant to practicing ophthalmologists worldwide.
Selected videos from this contest will be featured on Global ONE and the ONE Network, with the top video being declared the grand prize winner.
- Judges are looking for quality and depth of content, level of commentary, originality and educational value.
- Videos will be judged by a panel of experts from the Global ONE Advisory Board.
- The grand prize winner will receive an iPad mini, or $350 of Academy store credit, and receive mention in EyeNet Magazine, News and Notices and AAO social media outlets.
Rules and Guidelines
- Any AAO member or member-in-training, international or U.S., may participate.
- Videos must be under 5 minutes in length.
- Surgical or clinical videos will be accepted.
- Submitters must agree that all content in the video is their original work.
- Videos must not already exist on the ONE Network.
- Videos must be submitted in English.
- Best-quality video files (uncompressed) are preferred. Note: Maximum file size is 100MB.
- "International interest” will be defined as any surgery, case or presentation taking place internationally (featuring an international or U.S. doctor), or any topic of great interest outside the United States.
- The Global ONE Advisory Board will determine if a video meets all criteria.
How to Enter
- When your video is ready, go to the Academy Online Community.
- Join the appropriate group, such as:
- Upload your video(s) to that group, along with a 300-word description (maximum) for each video, including the date the event was recorded.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.