The IRIS™ Registry is now open to all U.S. Academy members. To encourage wide-spread adoption, the Academy is initially offering multi-year, fee-free access to members physicians who sign the agreements and integrate their EHR with the IRISTM Registry in 2014.
Avoidance of 2016 PQRS Penalty Adjustment
If you successfully participated in PQRS via claims-based reporting in previous years, we recommend that you continue to report via claims as a back up method (belt and suspenders approach). Due to the number of changes to the PQRS program in 2014 and the new requirements for submission of clinical quality measures via Certified EHR Technology, we recommend that everyone report three measures via claims in 2014 to ensure avoidance of the 2016 payment adjustment.
To start the registration process, we would ask that you complete the following steps:
The period to contract with the Academy to report via the EHR extraction method has expired. If you are still interested in participating in the IRISTM Registry, please proceed below and register for one of the non-EHR reporting options.
1. The IRISTM Registry will not be able to submit PQRS data via your EHR if you have not had a 2014 Certified EHR Technology.
2. You must submit your signed agreements to participate in the IRISTM Registry by June 1, 2014.
3. You must have your EHR system successfully mapped to the IRISTM Registry by August 1, 2014.
4. You must submit your written consent to send your information to CMS by September 1, 2014.
As a PQRS qualified registry, the IRISTM Registry has developed a web portal for manual data entry which you will be able to report the Cataract Measure Group or 9 individual measures across 3 quality domains for the entire reporting period (January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014.)
1. Sign up for the IRISTM Registry
1. If you are submitting the Cataract Measures Group, you must have more than 20 patients identified and provided pre-surgical visual function surveys, and perform the cataract surgery procedures by September 30, 2014.
2. If submitting the Cataract Measures Group, you must submit your signed agreements to participate in the IRISTM Registry by August 1, 2014.
3. If submitting the 9 individual measures, you must submit your signed agreements to participate in the IRISTM Registry by October 31, 2014.
4. You must submit your written consent to send you information to CMS by October 31, 2014.
5. You must submit all of your data to the IRISTM Registry by January 15, 2015.