The American Academy of Ophthalmology and International Society of Refractive Surgery of the American Academy of Ophthalmology owns the copyright in all contents of the isrs.org Web site unless otherwise indicated. We present all such copyrighted material here for personal use only as long as the copyright notice and permission notice is included in your reproduction. We expressly prohibit reprints or electronic reproduction of any document in part or in its entirety, unless you obtain prior written consent from the American Academy of Ophthalmology, International Society of Refractive Surgery of the American Academy of Ophthalmology or the owner of the material. Address all applications and inquiries to the contact cited on a particular page.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology and International Society of Refractive Surgery of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (ISRS/AAO) provides on-line information and services on the Internet as a benefit to its members and the public and to further its educational mission.
1. THE ACADEMY, ISRS/AAO, ANY WEB SITE CONTRIBUTORS AND THEIR AFFILIATES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, AS TO THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY MATERIAL PRESENTED HERE, WHICH IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. THE ACADEMY, ISRS/AAO AND ITS WEB SITE CONTRIBUTORS ARE NOT LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY: a) ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS OBTAINED HERE; b) DAMAGES OR INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY FROM ANY USE OF IDEAS CONTAINED HERE; AND/OR c) ANY DAMAGES INCURRED IF MATERIAL INFECTS OR CONTAMINATES A USER'S SYSTEM.
2. The information published on the isrs.org Web site is not intended to replace consultation with an ophthalmologist. The Academy or ISRS/AAO cannot answer specific medical questions or refer you to a particular ophthalmologist.
3. Unless specifically stated otherwise, the opinions expressed and statements made by various authors on this Web site reflect the author's observations and do not imply endorsement by the Academy or ISRS/AAO.
4. The Academy and ISRS/AAO does not exert editorial control over and has not participated in the development of other Internet Web sites. The Academy and ISRS/AAO does not support, endorse, or hold any responsibility for hyperlink pointers, their Web site content, any of their expressed views, any services they offer or hyperlinks they mention. The Academy and ISRS/AAO does not endorse any of the products or companies mentioned in the isrs.org Web site.
The following, without limitation, are all trademarks or registered trademarks of the American Academy of Ophthalmology: ISRS/AAO, ISRS/AAO logo, ISRS, International Society of Refractive Surgery, International Society of Refractive Surgery of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Academy of Ophthalmology, AAO, GLORY, The Global Leader in Refractive Surgery, See the Difference, Professional Choices, Compass, AAO logo, O.N.E., EyeNet, and The Eye MD Association. Other product and company names mentioned here may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
* We only use information collected on isrs.org for Academy and ISRS/AAO purposes and do not distribute this information to third parties.
* We deploy technology to protect the information your send us.
* Cookies are used to keep track of information to allow a better user experience and this information is kept confidential within the Academy and ISRS/AAO.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology and International Society of Refractive Surgery of the American Academy of Ophthalmology has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for these Web sites: aao.org and isrs.org:
1. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site.
2. isrs.org contains areas and forms that require user and member registration to give us contact information (like their name and email address), unique identifiers (like their social security number), financial information (like their account or credit card numbers), and demographic information (like their zip code, age, or income level). We use customer contact information from the registration form to send the user information about our company.
3. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services. Unique identifiers (such as social security numbers) are collected to verify the user's identity. Demographic and profile data is also collected at our site. All data is only used for Academy and ISRS/AAO purposes.
4. This site contains links to other sites. isrs.org is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Our site incorporates forms for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect visitor's contact information (like their email address), financial information (like their account or credit card numbers), and demographic information (like their zip code, age, or income level). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders and information about our company to our customers. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below. Financial information that is collected is used to check the users' qualifications and bill the user for products and services.
5. isrs.org online surveys ask users and members for contact information (like their email address) and demographic information (like their zip code, age, or income level). We use contact data from our surveys to send the user information about our company. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary.
The Academy and ISRS/AAO will protect your e-mail address from inappropriate use. If the Academy determines the use of your e-mail address is of benefit to its members and/or their patients, the Academy and ISRS/AAO may, with the approval of its Executive Vice President, provide your e-mail address to a third party.
Policies Governing the Use of Academy E-mail Addresses
The Academy's Executive Vice President may grant permission to use Academy and ISRS/AAO e-mail addresses to organizations, firms or individuals who agree to comply with the following conditions:
1. The Academy and ISRS/AAO determines if the use of e-mail addresses is of benefit to its members and/or their patients.
2. The content of every e-mail correspondence is subject to advance approval by the Academy and ISRS/AAO. A sample of each intended e-mail correspondence must be reviewed and approved by the Academy and ISRS/AAO.
3. Each set of Academy and ISRS/AAO e-mail addresses will be used only once and only for the purpose approved by the Academy.
4. An entity other than the Academy and ISRS/AAO cannot use Academy or ISRS/AAO e-mail addresses to create or update its own database. The e-mail address list is the property of the Academy and ISRS/AAO and may not be duplicated.
5. Use of Academy and ISRS/AAO e-mail addresses does not imply Academy or ISRS/AAO endorsement, and no implication of endorsement will be made in any correspondence.
6. Academy and ISRS/AAO e-mail addresses will not be made available for any communication on drugs, medical equipment or devices involving the offer of a rebate, discount, or other remuneration, which in the sole discretion of the Academy and ISRS/AAO may be illegal or unethical.
7. Academy and ISRS/AAO e-mail addresses will not be made available for any communication that would tend to mislead, misinform, or deceive.
This Web site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.