AAO 2014 Special Promotions
Win an iPad
Drawings at 4 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and Monday
Receive a product demo or receive member benefit information and earn a chance to win an iPad loaded with digital Academy products.
* Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Not open to employees, officers or trustees of the Academy and their immediate families. You do not have to be an Academy or AAOE member to win. You need not be present to win. Winners choose from three BCSC eBook sections or a coding products package. Taxes, customs fees and other associated charges will be the winner's responsibility. You may enter only once per day and win only once.
Experience the IRIS™ Registry
Saturday, Oct. 18, 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Come together to learn about the nation’s first EHR-based eye disease clinical registry.
Celebrate New Patient Education Tools
Monday, Oct. 20, 2 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Sample some sweets and take a look at the newly redesigned patient education products that also meet new health literacy guidelines.
Ophthalmology Editorial Board Meet and Greet
Sunday, Oct. 19, 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 20, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Authors and peer reviewers: Stop by and meet members of the journal's editorial board.
AAOE Practice Management and Coding Center
The American Academy of Ophthalmic Executives (AAOE), the practice management arm of the Academy, advances the knowledge of those responsible for managing the business aspects of the ophthalmic practice, including office managers, administrators and managing physicians. Visit the AAOE Practice Management and Coding Center for help with critical business issues like coding, PQRS, e-prescribing and more. You can also schedule an appointment for a free 20-minute consultation with a practice management consultant at AAOE's Conversations With the Experts. Visit www.aao.org/aaoe to reserve your spot or just stop by.
Academy Online Community
Are you making the most of this free member benefit? Visit the Resource Center' Clinical Education Demos kiosk for a live demonstration of the largest online community for ophthalmologists; learn how you can connect, consult and collaborate with your colleagues from around the world.
You can only visit the Academy Store in person once a year! Come to the Resource Center to browse and sample books, DVDs and online products. Academy staff members will be on hand to answer your questions and help you zero in on the resources that will be most useful for you and your practice.
New and revised products include:
New/Revised in Clinical Education
- 2014-2015 Basic and Clinical Science Course - Major revisions for 2014-2015 include Section 2: Fundamentals and Principals of Ophthalmology; Section 6: Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (now includes video demos of clinical techniques); Section 13: Refractive Surgery.
- New! MOC Exam Review Course on Demand, 2014-2016
- New eBook formats for Color Atlas of Gonioscopy and Practical Ophthalmology.
- New multimedia library of all images and videos in the AAO eBooks app.
New/Revised in Patient Education
- Completely redesigned brochures, booklets and downloadable handouts with new content that meets health literacy guidelines.
- Major revision of Corneal Transplants brochure.
- New! Glaucoma Drainage Implant brochure (English only).
- New Retina animations for Digital-EyesTM.
New/Revised in AAOE: Practice Management
- New! Complete Guide to Retina Coding.
- New! Academy Ophthalmology Chart Auditing Service.
- Ophthalmic Coding Coach Online Subscription.
- 2015 CPT® Pocket Guide for Ophthalmology.
- 2015 CPT® Professional and Standard Editions.
- 2015 HCPCS Level II Professional Edition.
- 2015 Ophthalmic Coding Coach Book.
- 2015 Ophthalmic Coding Series.
Now's your chance to stock up on Academy books, DVDs and online programs. Spend $250 or more on product at the Academy Resource Center and get 10% off.
CME Credit Reporting
Obtain a receipt as confirmation of the number of CME hours you entered or as proof of attendance.
Make sure you visit the EyeSmart® kiosk to get a demonstration of the EyeSmart website (www.geteyesmart.org) and its Spanish version, OjosSanos™ (www.ojossanos.org), and see why these are the best sites to recommend to your patients seeking information on eye disease and conditions, treatment options and overall maintenance of healthy vision. Also learn how to bring this important resource to your patients for free.
View the EyeWiki™, a Wikipedia-like online resource for ophthalmologists and the public, launched in 2010 by the Academy and key ophthalmic specialty societies and organizations. Visit EyeWiki now or come get a personal demonstration at the Clinical Education Demos kiosk.
Foundation of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
Visit the Foundation desk to learn how you can support the Academy's educational, quality of care and service programs. You can also volunteer for EyeCare America® (ECA), the award-winning public service program celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2015. All ECA volunteers can order a recognition certificate and pick up a special anniversary gift. And don't miss the Museum of Vision's exhibit "Beyond Ophthalmology, Beyond the Clinic" at Booth 704, right next to the Resource Center.
Can’t find something? Need help? Get answers to your questions about the Resource Center and AAO 2014.
- Resource Router - Don’t want to collect and carry a stack of flyers? Go green and email yourself handouts with detailed information about a range of Academy products and services. You can also send questions or comments to Academy staff who aren’t available in the Resource Center.
Be sure to check out the Member Services desk to join the Academy, AAOE, or ISRS; pay your dues; update your profile; or ask questions about your member benefits. Not a member? Apply for Academy membership while you're in Chicago and save $100 off the application fee. Save $50 off the AAOE application fee.
Ophthalmic News & Education (ONE®)Network
The ONE® Network has been completely redesigned with exciting new features, all based on feedback from members like you. You'll find faster, easier site navigation; enhanced search; mobile optimization; content recommendations; tools to organize your favorites; and much more. Come get a personal tour.
Quality of Care and Knowledge Base
Browse the Academy's Preferred Practice Pattern Guidelines and Summary Benchmarks. Recently revised titles include Bacterial Keratitis, Blepharitis, and Dry Eye Syndrome. In addition, there are two new titles: Corneal Ectasia and Corneal Edema and Opacification. Ask about the new Preferred Practice Pattern Clinical Questions, which, along with the Preferred Practice Pattern Guidelines, are available for free on the ONE® Network.
Remember to look into the new Ophthalmic Technology Assessments on options and adjuvants in surgery for pterygium, interventions for toxoplasma retinochoroiditis, femtosecond lasers for LASIK flap creation, rebound tonometry in children, fibrin glue for closure of conjunctival incision in strabismus surgery and evaluation of the anterior chamber angle in glaucoma.
State and Federal Affairs
Learn more about the Academy’s advocacy efforts on behalf of ophthalmology. You can also send a letter to Congress, talk to governmental affairs experts about reimbursement and patient protections and learn about joint efforts between the Academy and other ophthalmic societies.
Video Production Services
The state-of-the-art Video Production Studio makes it easy to film compelling videos — in virtually any language — with the help of our professional production crew. This is your once-a-year opportunity to record an on-camera appearance or audio voice-over for patient education, practice promotion and social networking:
- Personalize an Academy patient education DVD or add a translation for your patients.
- Promote your message and your practice through a health awareness message for the community.
- Advertise your practice.
- Introduce yourself to prospective patients with video on your practice website or social networking page.
- Provide educational information in a professional interview format.
Academy patient education DVDs and downloadable videos include:
- Retina Informed Consent Video Collection
- Understanding Cataract Surgery, 3rd ed.
- Understanding IOL Options for Cataract Surgery
- Understanding Dry Eye
- Understanding Glaucoma
- Understanding LASIK and Wavefront
- Waiting Room DVD for the Ophthalmic Practice, Volume 1
- Waiting Room DVD for the Ophthalmic Practice, Volume 2
Sample scripts and a teleprompter are available, and no memorization is required. Schedule an appointment before AAO 2014 by calling 415.561.8549, emailing email@example.com or visit us in the Resource Center.