2013 Annual Meeting Special Promotions
Saturday to Tuesday
Now's your chance to stock up on Academy books, DVDs and online programs. Get 10% off all product at the Academy Resource Center – no minimum purchase required!
Win an iPad
- Monday - Vijay Battu, MD of New York, N.Y.
- Sunday - Carly Helm of Steamboat Springs, Col.
- Saturday - Dailey McPeak, MD of Naples, Fla.
Thank you to all who participated.
* Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Not open to employees, officers or trustees of the Academy and their immediate families. Drawings will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and Monday. You do not have to be an Academy or AAOE member to win. You need not be present to win. iPads are loaded with digital Academy products. Winners choose from three BCSC eBook sections or a coding products package. Taxes, customs fees and other associated charges will be the winner's responsibility. You may enter only once per day and win only once.
ONE® Network 2.0: Meet the Editors
Saturday, Nov. 16, 3–5 p.m.
Satisfy your sweet tooth and toast the launch of the newly redesigned ONE® Network. Meet editors Robert F. Melendez, MD, MBA, and Andrew P. Doan, MD, PhD, and see for yourself why it's the ophthalmologist's go-to source for clinical content, practice guidelines and more.
Celebrate the IRIS™ Registry Launch
Sunday, Nov. 17, 3–5 p.m.
Grab some coffee and a freshly baked cookie, then treat yourself to a demo of the groundbreaking new IRIS™ Registry - the nation's first comprehensive, EHR-based eye disease clinical registry. Learn how you can use clinical data to improve care delivery and patient outcomes.
Ophthalmology Editorial Board Meet and Greet
Sunday, Nov. 17, 12–3 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 18, 9–11 a.m.
Authors and peer reviewers for Ophthalmology are invited to stop by the Resource Center and meet members of the journal's editorial board.
AAOE Practice Management and Coding Center
The American Academy of Ophthalmic Executives (AAOE), the practice management arm of the Academy, advances the knowledge of those responsible for managing the business aspects of the ophthalmic practice, including office managers, administrators and managing physicians. Visit the AAOE Practice Management and Coding Center for help with critical business issues like coding, PQRS, e-prescribing and more. You can also schedule an appointment for a free 20-minute consultation with a practice management consultant at AAOE's Conversations With the Experts. Reserve your spot starting in October at www.aao.org/aaoe, or just stop by.
Academy Online Community
Are you making the most of this free member benefit? Visit the Resource Center' Clinical Education Demos kiosk for a live demonstration of the largest online community for ophthalmologists; learn how you can connect, consult and collaborate with your colleagues from around the world.
You can only visit the Academy Store in person once a year! Come to the Resource Center to browse and sample books, DVDs and online products. Academy staff members will be on hand to answer your questions and help you zero in on the resources that will be most useful for you and your practice.
Our more than 30 new and revised products include:
New/Revised in Clinical Education
- 2013-2014 Basic and Clinical Science Course - Available in print and new eBooks! Major revisions for 2013-2014: Clinical Optics, Section 5: Neuro-Ophthalmology, Section 8: External Disease and Cornea
- 2013 and 2014 Focal Points — Available in print and a new digital format!
- Practicing Ophthalmologists Learning System — This new online version includes new content, enhanced features, and is compatible with most mobile tablets.
- New eBook formats for Basic Principles of Ophthalmic Surgery, Basic Techniques of Ophthalmic Surgery, and The Profession of Ophthalmology: Practice Management, Ethics, and Advocacy
- Introducing Ophthalmology: A Primer for Office Staff — Now in PDF format and a free member benefit!
New/Revised in Patient Education
- New! Retina Informed Consent Video Collection
- AMD and Nutritional Supplements brochure
- Macular Degeneration brochures (English and Spanish)
New/Revised in AAOE: Practice Management
- 2014 ICD-10-CM for Ophthalmology
- New companion workbook: Conquering ICD-10-CM: Your "How-To" Guide for Ophthalmology
- New online course: 90 Minutes to Conquering ICD-10-CM for Ophthalmology
- 2014 CPT® Pocket Guide for Ophthalmology
- 2014 CPT® Professional Edition
- 2014 CPT® Standard Edition
- 2014 HCPCS Level II Professional Edition
- 2014 Ophthalmic Coding Coach Book
- 2014 Ophthalmic Coding Series
Now's your chance to stock up on Academy books, DVDs and online programs. Spend $250 or more on product at the Academy Resource Center and get 10% off.
CME Credit Reporting
Obtain a receipt as confirmation of the number of CME hours you entered or as proof of attendance.
Make sure you visit the EyeSmart® kiosk to get a demonstration of the EyeSmart website (www.geteyesmart.org) and its Spanish version, OjosSanos™ (www.ojossanos.org), and see why these are the best sites to recommend to your patients seeking information on eye disease and conditions, treatment options, and overall maintenance of healthy vision. Also learn how to bring this important resource to your patients for free.
View the EyeWiki™, a Wikipedia-like online resource for ophthalmologists and the public, launched in 2010 by the Academy and key ophthalmic specialty societies and organizations. Visit EyeWiki now or come get a personal demonstration at the Clinical Education Demos kiosk.
Foundation of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
Visit the Foundation desk to learn how you can support the Academy's educational, quality of care research, and service programs as well as volunteer for EyeCare America®, the award-winning public service program. Current EyeCare America volunteer physicians can order a recognition certificate and pick up an appreciation gift. New volunteers who sign up at the booth will also receive a gift. Don't miss the Museum of Vision's exhibit "Extreme Vision: Science Fiction or Truth" at Booth 3147.
Can’t find something? Need help? Get answers to your questions about the Resource Center and the Annual Meeting.
- Resource Router - Don’t want to collect and carry a stack of flyers? Go green and email yourself handouts with detailed information about a range of Academy products and services. You can also send questions or comments to Academy staff who aren’t available in the Resource Center.
Be sure to check out the Member Services desk to join the Academy, AAOE, or ISRS; pay your dues; update your profile; or ask questions about your member benefits. Not a member? Apply for Academy membership while you're in New Orleans and save $100 off the application fee. Save $50 off the AAOE application fee.
Ophthalmic News & Education (ONE®)Network
The ONE® Network has been completely redesigned with exciting new features, all based on feedback from members like you. You'll find faster, easier site navigation; enhanced search; mobile optimization; content recommendations; tools to organize your favorites; and much more. Come get a personal tour.
Quality of Care and Knowledge Base
Browse the Academy's Preferred Practice Pattern Guidelines and Summary Benchmarks, especially the two new titles: Corneal Ectasia and Corneal Edema and Opacification. Ask about the new Preferred Practice Pattern Clinical Questions, which along with the Preferred Practice Pattern Guidelines are available for free on the ONE® Network.
Remember to look into the new Ophthalmic Technology Assessments on options and adjuvants in surgery for pterygium, interventions for toxoplasma retinochoroiditis, femtosecond lasers for LASIK flap creation, rebound tonometry in children, fibrin glue for closure of conjunctival incision in strabismus surgery, and evaluation of the anterior chamber angle in glaucoma.
State and Federal Affairs
Learn more about the Academy’s advocacy efforts on behalf of ophthalmology. You can also send a letter to Congress, talk to governmental affairs experts about reimbursement and patient protections and learn about joint efforts between the Academy and other ophthalmic societies.
Video Production Services
The state-of-the-art Video Production Studio makes it easy to film compelling videos — in virtually any language — with the help of our professional production crew. This is your once-a-year opportunity to record an on-camera appearance or audio voice-over for patient education, practice promotion and social networking:
- Personalize an Academy patient education DVD or add a translation for your patients.
- Promote your message and your practice through a health awareness message for the community.
- Advertise your practice.
- Introduce yourself to prospective patients with video on your practice website or social networking page.
- Provide educational information in a professional interview format.
Academy patient education DVDs and downloadable videos include:
- New! Retina Informed Consent Video Collection
- Understanding Cataract Surgery, 3rd ed.
- Understanding IOL Options for Cataract Surgery
- Understanding Dry Eye
- Understanding Glaucoma
- Understanding LASIK and Wavefront
- Waiting Room DVD for the Ophthalmic Practice, Volume 1
- Waiting Room DVD for the Ophthalmic Practice, Volume 2
Sample scripts and a teleprompter are available, and no memorization is required. Schedule an appointment before the Annual Meeting by calling 415.561.8549, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in the Resource Center.