AAO 2014 Meeting Guide
This planning tool is an at-a-glance guide to AAO 2014 and Subspecialty Day.
If you registered before Sept. 3 a copy of the Meeting Guide will be mailed to you with your registration materials. You can also pick up a copy at the meeting:
- Bags & Programs counter in Hall A;
- Meeting Information desks in the Grand Concourse, Level 3 or South, Level 1, Lobby.
View the Meeting Guide now. (PDF 7MB)
Use the online Program Search for up-to-the-minute information about specific courses, sessions, tours and events.
Find a full listing of all AAO 2014 Named Lectures (PDF 136KB), current as of Sept. 12, 2014.
Alumni & Related Group Events
Find a full listing of all Alumni & Related Group Events (PDF 116KB), current as of Sept. 4, 2014.
Hot Topics, Hot Sessions
- Three joint "View Across the Pond" sessions with SOE focusing on how the practice of ophthalmology differs between the United States and Europe in the subject areas of cataract and IOL practices (SYM04; Sunday, Oct. 19), retina (SYM44; Monday, Oct. 20), and cornea (SYM20; Tuesday, Oct. 21)
- The Bruce E. Spivey, MD Lecture in Risk Management and Patient Safety (SPE15; Sunday, Oct. 19) given by Ajit K. Sachdeva, MD, FRCSC, FACS. He will lecture on education and training programs that enhance patient safety and minimize risk of adverse outcomes.
- NEW! The inaugural Dr. Allan Jensen and Claire Jensen Lecture in Professionalism and Ethics (SYM 33; Monday, Oct. 20) given by Gerald B. Hickson, MD.
- NEW! The inaugural Jones/Smolin Lecture, given by Russell N. Van Gelder, MD, PhD, will take place during Clinical Pearls in the Diagnosis of Masquerades in Infectious and Inflammatory Disease of the Eye (SYM 26; Monday, Oct. 20).
- Two half-day coding meetings (separate registration and fee required): Introduction to Ophthalmic Coding and ICD-10-CM (14CODE1; Saturday, Oct. 18, 8 - 11 a.m.) and Coding Camp and Advanced ICD-10-CM (14CODE2; Saturday, Oct. 18, 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.).
- Check out the exciting Ophthalmic Premier League: A Team Video Competition on Managing Cataract Complications (SYM60; Tuesday, Oct. 21) where four teams will "compete" for the the AAO-OPL trophy, awarded based on audience votes.
- The Cornea Society, co-sponsored with the German Ophthalmological Society, will present Advanced Treatment of Ocular Surface Inflammatory Diseases (SYM46; Tuesday, Oct. 21).
- See what is new for Skills Transfer labs and lectures at AAO 2014.
Finish Strong on Tuesday
On Tuesday, earn up to nine hours of CME by attending courses until 5:30 p.m. Choose from 80 instruction courses on a variety of topics. Start your day at a Breakfast With the Experts, then hone your skills at a Skills Transfer lab, or catch up new developments at an original paper session. You can also participate in non-CME sessions at the Technology Pavilion and Learning Lounge.
Policies and Disclaimer
Review the Academy's policies and disclaimers for meeting content and presenters.
As a reminder, children cannot be admitted to Subspecialty Day or AAO 2014 scientific sessions, instruction courses or any other aspect of the Scientific Program due to the scientific nature of the educational programs and the Academy's desire to maintain an environment conducive to learning.