On this page:
- Important Dates
- Check Your Login Information
- Badge Mailing
- Group Registration
- Academy Registration Policy
- Ticket Policies
- Academy Members in Training Discount
- Additional Policies for Skills Transfer Courses
- Program Participants
- Spouse and Guest Registration
- One-Day-Only Registration
- Registration Cancellations and Refunds
AAO 2015 registration includes access to:
- 45+ symposia and Spotlight Sessions
- 750+ papers, posters and videos
- 500+ exhibiting companies
- 100+ informal and interactive learning opportunities
An Academy Plus course pass provides you unlimited access to an additional 350+ Academy and AAOE instruction courses.
Important AAO 2015 Registration Dates
- June 24 - Academy and AAOE Members may register and reserve hotel rooms.
- July 8 - Nonmembers may register and reserve hotel rooms.
- Aug. 5 - Early registration deadline (fees increase after this date).
- Sept. 30 - Last day to cancel registration ($75 processing fee).
- Oct. 21 - Last day to register online (badge and meeting materials picked up onsite).
Check Your Login Information
Verify your login information before online registration and hotel reservations open. Academy staff are not able to provide forgotten passwords.
- Registration packets, which include your badge(s), will be mailed to all attendees who preregister for AAO 2015 by Sept. 30.
- If you do not receive your badge before traveling, pick up your materials onsite.
For questions about group registration, required for groups registering 10 or more attendees, contact email@example.com.
Find information for members of the media.
Academy Registration Policy
The Academy does not permit attendance by optometrists or participation as a presenting author of an abstract.
- You must register for AAO 2015 in order to purchase the Academy Plus course pass and/or tickets. Review more information about the Academy Plus course pass.
- Ticketed courses that are eligible for CME credit cannot overlap.
- You may purchase only one ticket per course.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- Ticket fees, indicated in the course abstract, are for the entire course. Partial purchases are not allowed.
- Most ticket fees increase onsite.
- For the following registration categories the Academy Plus course pass and tickets may be purchased onsite only: Spouse/Guest, Exhibitor, One-Day-Only, JCAHPO registrants who purchase an Academy meeting pass and ASORN registrants.
Academy Members in Training Discount
As a member benefit, Academy members in training receive:
- 50 percent discount on all Skills Transfer labs and Breakfast With the Experts ticket purchases. This discount is automatically applied to the ticket price unless otherwise noted.
- Discounted price of $100 for the Academy Plus course pass.
The discounts outlined above do not apply to nonmember physicians in training.
Additional Policies for Skills Transfer Courses
- Attendance in Skills Transfer courses is limited to physicians only, except where noted in the course description. (The term "physician" refers to the definition in the Federal Register: "Those individuals licensed to practice medicine and surgery and osteopathy.")
- Skills Transfer labs are ticketed events — they are not included in the Academy Plus course pass and must be purchased separately.
- Lecture prerequisites are recommended, NOT required.
- Skills Transfer lectures are included in the Academy Plus course pass.
- You may attend Skills Transfer lectures without purchasing the lab.
- Registrants in Skills Transfer lab courses may be required to bring instruments and/or sign an infectious disease waiver form. Refer to individual course listings for specific requirements.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- Skills Transfer courses are intended to provide instruction leading to new knowledge and/or skills. The Academy does not certify competence upon completion of Academy courses. Academy courses are not intended to serve as a basis for requesting new or expanded privileges.
- All AAO 2015 attendees are required to present a preregistration document, proof of registration or a badge indicating registration for a meeting, prior to attending an event.
- Membership privileges are not transferable.
- The Academy cannot waive any fees or provide any financial assistance for any travel or housing costs.
- Avoid waiting in line onsite by registering in advance. Sept. 30 is the last day you can register in advance and have your registration packet mailed to you before the meeting.
Spouse and Guest Program Registration
- Spouse/Guest registration is open to all spouses and guests accompanying AAO 2015 professional registrants.
- A co-worker or an associate within the industry may not use the spouse/guest registration category.
- Spouses and guests who are physicians must register for AAO 2015 as professional attendees if they wish to receive verification of attendance or CME credit.
- Spouses and guests must be registered in order to purchase tickets for the Tour Program, visit the exhibit hall, or attend scientific sessions.
- Spouse and guest badges are not valid for entry to Subspecialty Day meetings or the AAOE Program.
- Academy Plus course passes for spouses and guests may only be purchased onsite.
- Children 17 years of age and under receive complimentary registration.
- They may enter the exhibit hall only if they are wearing a badge and are accompanied by a registered adult.
- Children cannot be admitted to Subspecialty Day or Annual Meeting scientific sessions, instruction courses or any other aspect of the Scientific Program due to the scientific nature of the educational programs and the Academy's desire to maintain an environment conducive to learning.
- Available for individual days from Saturday, Nov. 14 through Tuesday, Nov. 17.
- One-Day-Only registrants may purchase an Academy Plus course pass onsite only.
- Representatives and distributors from commercial companies are not eligible for registration in this category.
Registration Cancellations and Refunds
- A written request including your name and Academy identification number must be received by Sept. 30.
- A per-person, per-meeting cancellation processing fee of $75, or your total registration, course pass and ticket fees, whichever is less, will be assessed.
- No refunds will be processed for cancellation requests received after the Sept. 30 deadline.
- Send your refund request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registrations are non-transferable.