Goals: To have a forum for the leadership of the Academy and allied organizations
- To identify and discuss critical issues facing ophthalmology, in order to provide input and advice to the Academy Board of Trustees;
- To educate and update participants about Academy activities so that they may better serve as effective Academy leaders and representatives; and
- To encourage cross-fertilization, communication, and cooperation among the leadership of ophthalmology.
Participants: All Academy members are welcome to attend Mid-Year Forum.
In order to represent the broad spectrum of ophthalmology, the following individuals are invited to participate:
- The Board of Trustees and Academy Secretaries
- The Council (councilors or alternate councilors)
- Committee chairs and representatives
- Presidents, presidents-elect, other leaders, and executive staff of special interest groups, state societies, and subspecialty societies
- Members of the American Academy of Ophthalmic Executive Board of Directors
- Members of the Young Ophthalmologists Committee and Subcommittee on Advocacy
- Other invited members, outside experts, and staff