Academy membership comes with a wide range of benefits.
You are eligible to apply for membership as an Active Fellow or Osteopathic Fellow if:
- You hold a degree of Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathy or an equivalent medical degree; and
- You hold a valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the United States or the country in which the practice of medicine is regularly conducted; and
- You have been certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, American Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology or you are a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
To apply for membership:
- Fill out the application (use the tab key to move from field to field).
- Print the application.
- Provide required references.
- Sign the application and include the application fee payment.
- Mail or fax the completed application to Member Services.
If you are unable to use the fillable PDF version of the application, you can also download the form (PDF 1.21 MB) and fill it out by hand.
Application Fee: $925 (USD) effective Jan. 1, 2014
The deadline to join has been extended to Sept. 17
If you have questions or prefer to have an application mailed to you, contact Member Services by phone 415.561.8581 or fax 415.561.8575.