Browse Other Benefits:
FOR YOUR CONTINUING CLINICAL EDUCATION NEEDS
No registration fee for the Annual Meeting
The Academy’s Annual Meeting is the largest ophthalmic conference in the world, offering a wide range of scientific sessions, papers, posters, exhibits, video programs and instruction courses. The 2013 Annual Meeting will be held in New Orleans.
Print and iPad versions of Ophthalmology, the Academy’s scientific journal
Ophthalmology is the premier journal offering full-length, peer-reviewed reports of original research. It is consistently ranked first among all U.S. publications by ophthalmic readers surveyed by an independent body. Each month, members receive valuable information about surgical techniques, treatment methods, drug studies, pathophysiology, genetics and clinical trials.
Online subscription to Ophthalmology
Members can access the full text of Ophthalmology through Ophthalmology Advance including links to related articles, cross-journal searches, access to Medline, e-mail alerts for new issues, past issues, video clips, online-only articles and more. Ophthalmology Advance is a convenient online resource providing access to full-text issues of ophthalmology publications, as well as free tables of contents, article abstracts and e-alerts.
Access to the Ophthalmic News & Education (ONE®) Network
The Academy’s new education platform is the most comprehensive online resource in ophthalmology. The ONE provides you with the ability to quickly access relevant clinical information from an extensive, up-to-date ophthalmic knowledge base.
- Find fast answers using a targeted search
- Prepare for Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
- Customize your ONE home page
- Access lifelong learning tools, including free self-assessment with automated remediation
- Build your own custom learning plan
- Search and review evidence-based standards of care
Enjoy free, full-text access to top-rated, peer-reviewed publications:
- American Journal of Ophthalmology
- Ophthalmology Clinics of North America
- Survey of Ophthalmology
- British Journal of Ophthalmology
- Epocrates Drug Disease Lookup Tools
- ASCRS Post-Refractive Surgery IOL Power Calculator
- Epidemiology and Statistics for the Ophthalmologist
- FORGE I & II
- ICO Center for Ophthalmic Educators
- National Registry of Drug-Induced Ocular Side Effects
- OHTS/EGPS Glaucoma Risk Calculator
- Pediatric Vision Screening
- The Eyes Have It
CME Reporting and Transcripts
At CME Central, you can keep a record of all your continuing medical education credits. Report credits earned through Academy activities via fax, mail or online at www.aao.org/cme. Credits earned from non-Academy activities must be reported online only. You may also review and print a copy of your complete CME transcript quickly and easily through CME Central.
Subscription to EyeNet, the Academy’s monthly magazine
EyeNet was ranked second by ophthalmologists in an independent survey (after Ophthalmology). EyeNet delivers practical clinical information that can be applied immediately in patient care, plus coverage of a broad range of subjects of interest to ophthalmologists, including ophthalmic business, news and editorials—all in a concise, highly readable format.
Access to EyeNet online
Full text of EyeNet is also available at www.EyeNet.org.
Subscription to Academy Express
This weekly e-newsletter offers highlights from peer-reviewed clinical journals, opinions from leading experts and news from the Academy.
>> Join the Academy