Academy membership comes with a wide range of benefits.
You are eligible to apply for membership as an international member if:
- You hold a degree of Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathy or an equivalent degree; and
- You hold a valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a country outside the United States in which your practice of medicine is regularly conducted and is limited to ophthalmology; and
- You have satisfactorily completed an entire program of formal residency training in ophthalmology of at least three (3) years duration or its equivalent.
To apply for membership:
- Fill out the application using the tab key to move from field to field.
- Print the application.
- Provide the required references.
- Sign the application and include the application fee payment.
- Mail or fax the completed application to Member Services.
If you are unable to use the fillable PDF version of the application, you can also download the form (PDF 2.5 MB) and fill it out by hand.
Application Fee: $495 (USD) effective Jan. 1, 2014
We are no longer accepting applications for this year.
If you have questions or prefer to have an application mailed to you, contact Member Services by phone 415.561.8581 or fax 415.561.8575.