Academy membership comes with a wide range of benefits.
You are eligible to apply for membership as an International Member in Training if:
- You hold a degree of Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathy or an equivalent degree; and
- You are engaged in a full-time ophthalmology residency, fellowship or equivalent training program outside the United States. If you are in an ophthalmology residency,
fellowship or equivalent training program in Canada, you are eligible to apply as a Member in Training with your application fee waived.
Applying for Membership
- Fill out the application using the tab key to move from field to field.
- Print the application.
- Obtain all necessary signatures.
- Sign the application and include the application fee payment.
- Mail or fax the completed application to Member Services.
If you are unable to use the fillable PDF version of the application, you can also download the form (PDF 2.5 MB) and fill it out by hand.
Application Fee: $160 USD effective Jan. 1, 2014
The deadline to join has been extended to Sept. 17
If you have questions or prefer to have an application mailed to you, contact Member Services by phone 415.561.8581 or fax 415.561.8575.