Academy membership comes with a wide range of benefits.
You are eligible to apply for membership as a Member in Training if:
- You hold a degree of Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathy or an equivalent medical degree; and
- You are engaged in a full-time ophthalmology residency training program conducted in the United States or Canada; or
- You have satisfactorily completed such a training program and you are engaged in a full-time ophthalmology fellowship training program in the United States or Canada.
Applying for Membership
- Fill out the application using the tab key to move from field to field.
- Print the application.
- Obtain all necessary signatures.
- Sign the application.
- Mail or fax the completed application to Member Services.
If you are unable to use the fillable PDF version of the application, you can also download the form (PDF 1.21 MB) and fill it out by hand.
Application Fee: Waived (U.S. and Canada only) effective Jan. 1, 2014
The deadline to join has been extended to Sept. 17
If you have questions or prefer to have an application mailed to you, contact Member Services by phone 415.561.8581 or fax 415.561.8575.