Academy membership comes with a wide range of benefits.
You are eligible to apply for membership as a Second Year in Practice Member if:
- You hold a degree of Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathy or an equivalent degree; and
- You hold a valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the United States or the country in which the practice of medicine is regularly conducted; and
- You are in your second year of practice. (This will be determined based upon the completion of your training in ophthalmology.)
To apply for membership:
- Fill out the application (use the tab key to move from field to field).
- Print the application.
- Provide the required references.
- Sign the application and include the application fee payment Mail or fax the completed application to Member Services.
If you are unable to use the fillable PDF version of the application, you can also download the form (PDF 4 MB) and fill it out by hand.
Application Fee: $650 (USD) effective Jan. 1, 2014
If you have questions or prefer to have an application mailed to you, contact Member Services by phone 415.561.8581 or fax 415.561.8575.