Members of the American Academy of Ophthalmology who want to highlight their commitment to advancing the highest quality of care and lifelong education are encouraged to use the Academy member logo. There are two versions of the logo available: one for use by Academy Fellows and one for use by Academy Members. If you have questions about your current membership status, please contact the Membership Department at email@example.com.
Follow these guidelines when using the Academy member logo:
- Active U.S. and international Academy Members and Fellows are entitled to use the logo during the years they are members.
- Active Fellows should use the Fellow version of the logo files.
- Active U.S. and international Members should use the Member version of the logo files.
- You can use the logo for scientific, professional marketing or awareness purposes, e.g., in Curriculum Vitae, biography, acknowledgement of awards, promotional pieces, etc.
- You can also use the logo on office letterhead and stationery, PowerPoint slide presentations, acknowledgments of memberships and awards, promotional pieces, CVs and biographies.
- All uses of the Academy member logo must be in keeping with the highest ethical standards.
- The logo should only be used to highlight your Academy membership, not to position yourself as a representative of the Academy, or to imply Academy endorsement of your practice or other enterprises. You cannot use the logo to exploit the Academy in any way.
Using The Logo
- On your website:
- Use the low resolution logo to link to the Academy Website at www.aao.org.
- You can also link your practice website to the Academy’s EyeSmart® public education website by placing a banner ad, a text link or an informational page that directs people from your website to the EyeSmart website (www.GetEyeSmart.org). Get more details about linking to EyeSmart.
- In print:
- Use either the color or black and white high resolution logo.
- Academy official logo colors are blue Pantone Matching System (PMS) 539 and red PMS 1807. Use these PMS colors when printing the logo in color on letterhead or business cards.
- The logo may be printed in solid black on a white background or in solid white on a black or very dark background.
- For all uses:
- The logo should not be angled, reversed, tilted or upside down.
- Text should not appear in close proximity to the logo or obscure it in any way.
If you have questions about using the logo, contact Georgia Alward, executive assistant in the Academy's Communications & Marketing Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access Fellow logo files.
Access Member logo files.