Congressional Advocacy Day is a unique opportunity to lobby members of Congress on the issues that affect your practice and your patients. Registration will be available in January 2016 for the 2016 Congressional Advocacy Day that will be held in conjunction with the Mid-Year Forum from April 13 to 14 in Washington, D.C. and is free for members to attend.
The Academy developed a new app for the 2015 Congressional Advocacy Day. Use the app to:
- Review issue talking points;
- Map Washington, D.C., addresses;
- Look up information on your lawmakers;
- Watch advocacy tutorials;
- Template letters you can personalize and send to your lawmakers anytime, anywhere.
Ophthalmology Advocacy app is available in thee Apple and Android stores now!
In 2015, nearly 400 Eye M.D.s attended meetings on Capitol Hill with their senators and representative and/or legislators' staff to present the concerns and positions of the profession.
- The Academy prepares you with a full issue briefing, including background information and talking points on the issues, as well as tips on effective lobbying—everything you need to make your meetings on Capitol Hill successful.
- Participants in Congressional Advocacy Day have the opportunity to earn an Achievement Award point.
- Watch the What To Know Before You Go webinar to prepare for your Capitol Hill appointments.