Media Registration Guidelines & Information
Members of the media are welcomed and encouraged to attend the American Academy of Ophthalmology's 117th Annual Meeting and Subspecialty Day Program from Nov. 15 to 19 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans. We kindly request that all journalists preregister. Registered media will have full access to all the resources in the newsroom, including press kits, meals, and special meeting information and updates.
- Employees or representatives from the editorial staff of the following types of media outlets are invited to register:
- Ophthalmic or other healthcare publications
- General circulation newspapers, magazines, newsletters
- News services and syndicates
- Broadcast media
- Electronic media
- To complete the preregistration progress, media representatives will be required to present a business card or some other acceptable form of identification listing their editorial title. Some job titles that are not acceptable include, but are not limited to: Principal, Partner, Account Executive, Public Relations Manager, Sales Manager and Advertising Manager.
- Freelance journalists are required to present a letter of assignment from the editorial department of a recognized media outlet. In lieu of this, two bylined articles from recognized publications are acceptable.
- Any embargoes will be clearly stated by the Academy and must be adhered to by the media.
- Press badges will be distributed on site in the newsroom. A press badge must be worn at all times to gain access to all sessions, the exhibit hall and the newsroom.
- Please clear attendance to any of the special programs and events with newsroom staff in advance. The media may not attend skills transfer or instruction courses.
- An Academy newsroom staff member must accompany all video and film crews from news organizations. Please check with the newsroom staff, scheduling is subject to the availability of the newsroom staff.
- Any recorded or photographed material is for editorial use only in conjunction with a news story related to the Annual Meeting.
- Registered media are allowed regular access to the newsroom during its open hours, which will be posted in the newsroom.
- Media may register on site, however, in order to use your time most efficiently, preregistration is recommended. In addition, preview/embargoed press materials will be sent to preregistered media in advance of the meeting.
- The Academy reserves the right to refuse or ask for the return of media credentials for any reason.
Ophthalmology Copyright Information
The American Academy of Ophthalmology's journal, Ophthalmology, retains copyright first right of refusal for all papers presented at the Annual Meeting. Please contact the researchers or the Academy's media team if you wish to confirm a certain paper's copyright information.
The Academy does not endorse products or services.
Click accept to continue to the Media pre-registration forms.