Media Registration Guidelines & Information
The American Academy of Ophthalmology's Newsroom is provided by the Academy for journalists to facilitate media access to the Academy's Subspecialty Day Program and Annual Meeting.
- Employees or representatives from the editorial staff of the following types of media outlets are invited to register:
- Ophthalmic or other healthcare publications
- General circulation newspapers, magazines, newsletters
- News services and syndicates
- Broadcast media
- Electronic media
- Media representatives must present a business card or some other acceptable form of identification listing their editorial title. Job titles that are considered not acceptable include, but are not limited to: Principal, Partner, Account Executive, Public Relations Manager, Sales Manager and Advertising Manager.
- Freelance reporters are required to present a letter of assignment from the editorial department of a recognized media outlet. In lieu of this, two samples of articles from a recognized publication are acceptable.
- Please clear attendance to any of the special programs and events with Newsroom staff in advance. The media may not attend skills transfer or instruction courses.
- An Academy Newsroom staff member must accompany all video and film crews from news organizations. Please check with the newsroom staff, scheduling is subject to the availability of the Newsroom staff.
- Any recorded or photographed material is for editorial use only in conjunction with a news story.
- Registered media are allowed regular access to the Newsroom during regular exhibit hall hours.
- The Academy reserves the right to refuse or ask for the return of media credentials for any reason.
Ophthalmology Copyright Information
All papers presented at the Annual Meeting are copyrighted by the Academy for publication in its journal, Ophthalmology.
The Academy does not endorse products or services.
Click accept to continue to the Media pre-registration forms.