- Walker LM. Patient education: do it right, and everyone wins. Med Econ. 1992 Jul 6;69(13):155-8, 160-3.
- Mangels LS. Tips from doctors who've never been sued. Med Econ. 1991;68: 56-63.
- Stein T, Nagy VT, Jacobs L. Caring for Patients One Conversation at a Time: Musings from the Interregional Clinician-Patient Communication Leadership Group.
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services, 2nd Edition. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, 1996.
- Consumer Reports. February 1995
- Baile WF. The Importance of Physician:Patient Communication. Conversations in Care.
- Korsch BM, Gozzi EK, Francis V. Gaps in doctor-patient communication. 1. Doctor-patient interaction and patient satisfaction. Pediatrics. 1968 Nov;42(5):855-71.
- Barlett EE. Injury prevention vs. patient communications (medical risk management). Risk Management. 1991;38:40-4.
- Ley P. Doctor-patient communication: Some quantitative estimates of the role of cognitive factors in non-compliance. J of Hypertension. 1985;3:51-5.
- Center for Medicare Education. Issue Brief Vol.1 No.2: Writing Easy-to-Read Materials.
- Gagliano MR. A Literature Review on the Efficacy of Video in Patient Education. Journal of Medical Education. 1998; 63:785-92.
- Center for Medicare Education. Issue Brief Vol.1 No.3: Translating Materials for Non-English Speaking Audiences.
- Carr T. Ophthalmic Medical Assisting: An Independent Study Course. American Academy of Ophthalmology; 2002:146-9.
- Berland GK, Elliot MN, Morales LS. Health Information on the Internet: Accessibility, Quality, and Readability in English and Spanish. Journal of the American Medical Association. 2001;285: 2612-13.
- Mack J. Finding High Quality Health information on the Net: Role of Physicians. MD Net Guide. 2001.