Issue Index | Related Articles
Join us at the Academy's Annual Meeting
, Nov. 10 to 13 in the alluring Big Easy
, for several events and courses specifically geared to ophthalmologists in their first few years of practice. Among the many courses designed with the young ophthalmologist in mind, there are also several YO-endorsed Academy courses.
In particular, you should plan to attend the following:
- Young Ophthalmologist Program (Sunday, Nov. 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.) You’ll be able to get additional information about the Academy’s educational resources; advice from experts on coding, insurance, and contracts; access to valuable resources specifically for young ophthalmologists; and the opportunity to meet other young ophthalmologists facing similar challenges. You’ll find more information about the YO Program topics and speakers online.
- Young Ophthalmologist Reception (Sunday, Nov. 11 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.). This is a great opportunity to meet fellow YOs and Academy leadership, as well as a chance to compare and share experiences of practicing in competitive markets.
- YO Endorsed Annual Meeting Courses All 2007 Annual Meeting courses that have been endorsed by the Young Ophthalmologist (YO) Committee as of particular interest to young ophthalmologists are noted with a YO icon in the Advance Program or Online Program. Visit the Academy Web site for a preview of the endorsed courses.
- YO Committee @ Breakfast with the Experts The Young Ophthalmologist Committee will hold roundtables during the Breakfast with the Experts morning sessions on various topics from Landing a Competitive Fellowship to Financial Planning for the Young Ophthalmologist. View a list online of all the available roundtables.
- AAOE Courses There are many AAOE courses available during the Annual Meeting that hold particular appeal and interest to the young ophthalmologist, including the Coding Camp (Saturday, Nov. 10 from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.), Positioning Your Practice for Success (Saturday, Nov. 10 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.), and The Brave New Medicare World (Sunday, Nov. 11 from 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.). For a complete list of courses and times, visit the AAOE Annual Meeting Web pages. Plus, for all YOs who attend the YO Program, you’ll receive a free AAOE consultation, so be sure to make your appointment early!
- Professional Choices Job Fair Whether you are looking for your first job, moving to a new city, or just want a change of scenery, there is no better time to find a match than when ophthalmologists from all over the country converge at the Academy’s Annual Meeting in New Orleans. Hundreds of physicians seeking employment opportunities will come together with representatives from more than 100 practices. To aid in planning, all participants will receive profiles of registered job seekers or hiring practices prior to the Job Fair. Learn more about this fantastic opportunity to meet and mingle in a low-pressure, convenient environment by visiting the AAOE Web site.
- Advocacy Meeting Programs The Governmental Affairs Division is hosting a number of FREE sessions aimed at giving you the latest information on what is happening in Washington. Come and hear what’s new in Medicare physician payment and quality activities, optometry’s efforts to expand its scope into ophthalmic surgery, and the unique challenges of ophthalmologists in the military and in the VA. See the complete list of the Advocacy Meeting Programs on the Academy’s Web site.
Issue Index | Related Articles