DEC 20, 2019
Cataract Spotlight/AAO 2019
Cataract/Anterior Segment, Complications, IOLs and Implantation
In this presentation from the Cataract Spotlight at AAO 2019, Dr. Steven Safran presents his 5 pearls for doing the Yamane double-flanged IOL fixation:
- Have the tools you need ready.
- Work in a closed system with an infusion line to control IOL.
- Only after a proper complete vitrectomy, mark it.
- Test centration before melting your flanges.
- Make a peripheral iridotomy to prevent reverse pupillary block and optic capture.
This video is part of the Cataract Spotlight at AAO 2019.