DEC 20, 2019
Cataract Spotlight/AAO 2019
Cataract/Anterior Segment, IOLs and Implantation
In this presentation from the Cataract Spotlight at AAO 2019, Dr. Tom Oetting presents his 5 pearls for capsular tension rings:
- Use a sideways Arshinoff shell.
- When placing a capsular tension ring in early, use cohesive viscoelastic to create a space between the capsule and the rest of the lens.
- Capsular tension ring direction can matter.
- Optic capture with capsular tension ring is a powerful way to fix a lens.
- Use a Sinsky hook to guide the capsular tension ring.
This video is part of the Cataract Spotlight at AAO 2019.