The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
How to Claim CME
Attendees can claim credits using links available on this webpage starting Friday, Nov. 12.
- Use a desktop computer to claim CME credit. The CME claim features are not available in a mobile view.
- Click on links for “AAO 2021” or “Friday Subspecialty Day” or “Saturday Subspecialty Day”
- Once you’ve completed the evaluation and entered the hours you’re claiming, click “Submit” ONCE. It may take a few seconds to process the CME claim.
For AAO 2021, you can claim CME credit multiple times, up to the 50-credit maximum, through Aug. 1, 2022. You can claim some in 2021 and some in 2022, or all in the same year.
For 2021 Subspecialty Day, you can claim CME credit multiple times, up to the 12-credit maximum per day, through Aug. 1, 2022. You can claim some in 2021 and some in 2022, or all in the same year.
You do not need to track which sessions you attend, just the total number of hours you spend in sessions for each claim.
CME transcripts that include AAOE Half-Day Coding Sessions, Subspecialty Day and/or AAO 2021 credits will be available to Academy members through the Academy’s CME Central web page.
The Academy transcript cannot list individual course attendance. It will list only the overall credits claimed for educational activities at AAOE Half-Day Coding Sessions, Subspecialty Day and/or AAO 2021.
The Academy provides nonmembers with verification of credits earned and reported for a single Academy-sponsored CME activity.
Proof of Attendance
You will be able to obtain a CME credit reporting/ proof-of-attendance letter for reimbursement or hospital privileges, or for nonmembers who need it to report CME credit:
When you claim CME credits and complete the evaluation, you will be able to print a certificate/proof of attendance letter from your transcript page. Your certificate will also be emailed to you.
When you claim CME credits and complete the evaluation, a new browser window will open with a PDF of your certificate. Please disable your pop-up blocker. Your certificate will also be emailed to you.
Send your questions about CME credit reporting to email@example.com.
For Continuing Certification questions, contact the American Board of Ophthalmology at MOC@abpo.org.
Visit https://www.aao.org/annual-meeting/cme to find more information about:
- Eligibility to receive CME credit.
- Portions of the meeting identified for credit.
- Self-assessment credit.
- European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) and converting credits.
- Credit for teaching at a live activity.
- AAPC continuing education credit.
- IJCAHPO continuing education credit.
- Scientific integrity and disclosure of financial interest.