NOV 06, 2017
Cataract/Anterior Segment, Comprehensive Ophthalmology, IOLs and Implantation
In this presentation from AAO 2016, Y. Ralph Chu, MD, discusses 2 new IOLs: the Fluid Vision accommodating IOL and the Perfect Lens.
- Clinical results from pilot and multicenter studies show stability of the effect of the lens out to 36M and 24M, respectively.
- Provides stable distance, intermediate, and near visual acuities
- Provides stable accomodative function over time
- There is significative objective accommodation observed.
- The introduction of new FluidVision lens this year designed to nearly double the accmodative power of current technology and achieve 20/20 vision across all distances.
- The process is safe.
- There is no detectable leachables or chromatic aberations.
- It remedies all refractive conditions potential.
- It's reversible.
- It can be done more than once in the same lens.
This presentation was co-sponsored by the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS).