NOV 06, 2017
In this presentation from AAO 2016, Susan M. Macdonald, MD, presents her top-5 pearls in managing complicated cataract cases.
- Be prepared, including the team, with a vitrectomy kit.
- Be prepared with early detection, minimizing a major loss.
- Resist the urge to run. Pause, ask for a vioelastic, etc., then relax.
- Improve your visualization of the vitreous.
- Maintain chamber pressure bimanual through a snug wound.
She offers 2 bonus pearls:
- If a vitreous face is broken, cut, do not fix.
- Suture the wound.