NOV 06, 2017
Cataract/Anterior Segment, Optics & Refractive Errors
In this presentation from AAO 2016, Warren E. Hill, MD, presents his top-5 pearls in managing complicated cataract cases.
- If possible, use a an IOL-power selection method from this century.
- Decompress the eye and use a retentive viscoelastic prior to surgery.
- If decompression fails, use limited, dry, pars plana vitrectomy.
- Establish multiple paracentesis sites at the beginning of surgery.
- Use vitreous aspiration for painless intraop anterior-chamber shallowing and increased IOP.