NOV 06, 2017
In this presentation from AAO 2016, Sarah R. Wellik, MD, discusses the following drugs and their accompanied ocular toxicities:
- Hydroxychloroquine: maculopathy
- Erectile dysfunction agents: color perception/AIO
- Bisphosphonates: uveitis, scleritis, and episcleritis
- Topiramate: acute angle closure/choroidal effusion
- Glucocorticoids: glaucoma
In the future, other systemic medications, including retinoids and systemic anti-hypertensive drugs, might provide new, interesting data.