NOV 06, 2017
Cataract/Anterior Segment, Refractive Mgmt/Intervention
In this presentation from AAO 2016, Douglas D. Koch, MD, discusses his top-5 pearls in managing complicated cataract cases.
- Regression approaches, based on averages from a series of patients, are maxed out.
- Direct measurement of total corneal power is making progress.
- Intraoperative aberrometry can be very helpful, but has limits.
- Postoperative adjustment has huge potential, but is pricey.
- Toric calculators don't work.