APR 30, 2014
Annual Meeting 2013
Benefits of the ab-interno approach:
- No external filtration means no bleb, no blebitis, no bleb leaks, no choroidals or overfiltration.
- No foreign body is implanted.
- No implant-related complications
- Only novel MIGS trabecular bypass procedure approved for congenital, juvenile, and adult OAG and for phakic or pseudophakic eyes
- Can be performed as a stand-alone procedure or in conjunction with cataract extraction
- Longest-term follow-up of all novel MIGS bypass procedures
- Sustained IOP lowering with very few complications
- Does not preclude standard filtering surgery or tube shunt placement
- Does not impact outcome of trabeculectomy