AAO 2020 | Subspecialty Day | AAOE® Program
November 13 – 15 | aao.org/2020
AAO 2020 isn’t just another virtual conference. It’s a new experience built to support you and help you grow in a world that’s ever-changing.
What does the future of ophthalmology hold? Join us for AAO 2020 Virtual to see!
See you at AAO 2020 Virtual — Where all of ophthalmology meets.®
The Vision for
AAO 2020 Virtual
Though we won’t see you in person, we’re bringing you the same, unparalleled programming with visionary presenters and the hottest topics in ophthalmology. Are you ready for it?
- Three full days (100+ hours) of interactive broadcast content featuring the latest research, subspecialty deep-dives, practice management topics and “meet-the-experts” sessions, available until Feb. 15, 2021
- 700+ hours of additional on-demand content with unlimited access until October 2021
- Up to 70 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ *
- A robust Virtual Expo that will allow you to connect one-on-one with industry representatives until Feb. 15, 2021
- Fun networking events at lounge events and happy hours that offer more live interaction
With all this for less than the cost of a plane ticket, the All-Access Pass is a superb value!
*The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Grab some coffee and start your day by joining your colleagues for the daily opening session. There’s nothing as inspiring as a gathering of enthusiastic colleagues ready to greet the day.
- Friday, Nov. 13, celebrate our profession with addresses from Academy leadership, including Academy President Anne L. Coleman, MD, PhD.
- Saturday, Nov. 14, Michael X. Repka, MD (pictured here), will deliver the 77th Edward Jackson Memorial Lecture — the most distinguished lecture in ophthalmology. He’ll address the future of amblyopia with “Amblyopia Outcomes through Clinical Trials and Practice Measurement: Room for Improvement.”
- Sunday, Nov. 15, Dr. Coleman will pass the gavel to the 2021 President Tamara R. Fountain, MD, and two special speakers will grace the virtual stage.
Many of our colleagues will be happy to avoid jet lag this year, but we know that time zones can still present a challenge for some. As such, we’ve expanded our hours with four additional 75-minute live interactive broadcasts.
- Hello, Asia! moderated sessions on Friday and Saturday evenings (PST) when we extend our days to greet our colleagues in Asia
- Hello, Europe, Africa and the Middle East! moderated sessions on Saturday and Sunday mornings (PST) when we start earlier to greet our colleagues in Europe, Africa and the Middle East
Glean Special Insights During Subspecialty Day 2020
Panel discussions, case presentations and debates in your subspecialty converge.
- Glaucoma 2020: Winning Bets: Strategies in Glaucoma Care
- Ocular Oncology/Pathology 2020: Collaboration Now More Than Ever
- Pediatric Ophthalmology 2020: The Only Game in Town
- Refractive Surgery 2020: Celebrating 2020
- Uveitis 2020: Beating the Odds — How to Make Sure You Get a Full House When You’re Dealt Uveitis
- Retina 2020: Vision for the Future
- Cornea 2020: Seeing Clearly Into the Future
- Oculofacial Plastic Surgery 2020: Back to the Basics With Tips and Tricks
Empower Your Team for Recovery
The American Academy of Ophthalmic Executives® (AAOE), the Academy’s practice management affiliate, offers dozens of recovery-focused courses and panel discussions in the AAOE Practice Management Program. We have the power to come back strong and together, we can do it!
- Uncover practical solutions for COVID-19-related financial and operational setbacks.
- Choose from instruction courses on topics like finance, practice growth and optimization, consolidation and coding.
- Engage with practice leaders, experts and colleagues to build valuable personal connections.
Explore the Possibilities
Your All-Access Pass is the key to exploring limitless possibilities.
- The AAO 2020 Virtual Expo will feature ophthalmic technology, products and services. Engage with exhibitors, explore innovations, make appointments, have live chats, download information and watch videos to see the latest technologies and pharmaceutical solutions.
- Visit the Academy Resource Center to save 10% on clinical education, patient education and practice management products. Get answers to your IRIS® Registry or coding questions, learn about our EyeSmart® public information program, and check in on the Academy’s new Truhlsen-Marmor Museum of the EyeTM.
- Engage in uplifting, stress-reducing activities at EyePlay Experience.
Register for AAO 2020 Virtual
For less than the cost of a plane ticket, the All-Access Pass is a superb value, with nearly double the CME opportunity and more than three times as many on-demand hours as 2019.