Saturday, Oct. 27 – Monday, Oct. 29, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 30, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Find Resources to Enhance Your Clinical and Business Success.
Academy staff can assist you in finding the right solutions for your unique practice environment.
During AAO 2018, enjoy 10% off all product purchases. Most products can be picked up the same day, or you can have your order shipped to you.
Have questions about the Resource Center or AAO 2018? Get answers at the Information desk.
View the Academy’s latest clinical education products.
- NEW: 2018 – 2019 Basic and Clinical Science Course™ (BCSC® )
- NEW: Focal Points™ 2019
- Clinical Webinar Series
- BCSC™ Self-Assessment Program
- Ophthalmic Medical Assisting: An Independent Study Course, 6th ed.
Explore the latest Academy patient education products and services, including:
- Patient Education Brochures and Booklets
- Downloadable Patient Education Handout Subscription
- Downloadable Patient Education Animation Collection
- Patient Education Video Collections
- Waiting Room Video for the Ophthalmic Practice
Want to know what reference and training resources are available for your staff? Check these kiosks and help desks:
Get Expert Practice Management and Coding Advice
Speak with experts about MACRA, MIPS, ICD-10 and PQRS at the AAOE Coding desk. Get answers to questions about reimbursement, critical coding updates and all your coding conundrums. You can also sign up for Conversations With the Experts—free, 20-minute consultations with practice management specialists (appointments are recommended).
AAOE Product Kiosk
- NEW: Coding Specialist Exams
- NEW: Coding and Practice Management Consultations
- NEW: The Business of Retina Series
- NEW: 2019 Coding – Audit Success Toolkit
- 2019 ICD-10-CM for Ophthalmology: The Complete Reference
- 2019 Coding Coach: Complete Ophthalmic Coding Reference
- 2019 Retina Coding: Complete Reference Guide
- 2019 CPT®: The Complete Pocket Ophthalmic Reference
- Learn to Code the Essentials, Learn to Code the Subspecialties
- 1-Hour Coding Course Series (On Demand)
- Register for the 2019 Ophthalmology Business Summit
- The Lean Practice: A Step-by-Step Guide to Running an Efficient and Profitable Practice
IRIS® Registry (Intelligent Research in Sight)
Visit the IRIS® Registry (Intelligent Research in Sight) kiosk to get a demo of the largest data registry in all of medicine. In 2018, Academy members saved an estimated $118 million in avoided penalties by using the IRIS Registry. For 2019, that amount is estimated to be $186 million.
Ophthalmic News & Education (ONE®) Network
The ONE Network is the world's largest online source of ophthalmic peer-reviewed news and education. This valuable member benefit includes thousands of interactive online cases and courses; self-assessment questions, clinical videos and podcasts; plus, access to the Academy’s Ophthalmology® journal, EyeNet® Magazine and 12 other leading journals. Learn more at the Clinical Education demonstration kiosk.
Visit the EyeSmart® kiosk to get a demonstration of the EyeSmart website and the Spanish version, OjosSanos™. Learn how these websites can benefit your practice.
Tour the Academy's EyeWiki®, an online encyclopedic resource for ophthalmologists and the public. Visit EyeWiki, or get a demonstration of its features at the Clinical Education demonstration kiosk.
Ophthalmology Job Center Website
Advertise jobs or post your CV at the Ophthalmology Job Center—the No. 1 job site for ophthalmologists and ophthalmic professionals. Learn more at the Membership kiosk.
EyeNet®, Ophthalmology®, Ophthalmology® Glaucoma and Ophthalmology® Retina
Visit the Clinical Education products kiosk to leaf through issues and learn more about the following publications:
- NEW: Ophthalmology® Glaucoma. The Academy’s newest scientific journal, published in partnership with the American Glaucoma Society.
- Ophthalmology® Retina. The Academy’s peer-reviewed journal for retina specialists.
- Ophthalmology®. The Academy’s flagship peer-reviewed journal.
- EyeNet® Magazine. the Academy’s official newsmagazine.
Learn About Your Academy’s Philanthropic Efforts
Visit the Foundation desk to learn how you can support the Academy's educational, quality-of-care and service programs. Partners for Sight donors can pick up a special gift. You can also enroll as a volunteer for EyeCare America®, our award-winning public service program. Plus, current volunteers can order a recognition certificate and pick up a gift.
Receive the Latest Advocacy Information
Visit the Advocacy desk to get a summary of legislative issues, send a letter to Congress and learn about OPHTHPAC and the Surgical Scope Fund.
Visit the Member Services desk to pay your dues or learn more about your Academy, AAOE or ISRS benefits.
Not a member? Apply for Academy membership while you're in Chicago and save $100 off the application fee. Save $50 off the AAOE application fee.
Report CME Credits
To report your AAO 2018 and Subspecialty Day CME credit at the Resource Center, visit the CME Reporting/Proof of Attendance kiosk.
The AAO eBooks app is a free e-reader for Apple and Android devices. At the eBook support counter, get help downloading the app and learn how you can access your Academy eBook purchases from your device and download them for offline use.
Meet Your Colleagues at These Resource Center Special Events
Academy Foundation Donor Reception
Saturday, Oct. 27, 3 – 5 p.m.
Museum of Vision, Booth 704
As a special thank-you, the Academy Foundation invites its donors to meet Academy leaders, learn about the future home of the Museum of Vision and enjoy refreshments.
Ophthalmology® Glaucoma and Ophthalmology® Retina Launch Celebration
Sunday, Oct. 28, 10 – 11 a.m.
Resource Center, Booth 508
Subscribers, reviewers and published authors of the new Ophthalmology Glaucoma and Ophthalmology Retina journals are invited to meet editors-in-chief Henry D. Jampel, MD, and Andrew P. Schachat, MD, and the editorial boards.
EyeCare America® Volunteer Reception
Sunday, Oct. 28, 3 – 4:30 p.m.
Museum of Vision, Booth 704
EyeCare America volunteers, join your colleagues as we honor you and your dedication to this vital public service. Residents who have pledged to volunteer on entering practice are also invited to learn firsthand how satisfying the experience can be.
2019 Focal Points® Spotlight Social
Monday, Oct. 29, 4 – 5 p.m.
Resource Center, Booth 508
Subscribers, editors, authors and contributors to Focal Points are invited to preview and celebrate the new format, which launches January 2019. Each new Focal Points issue will examine current research and discuss practical ways to implement it.