The 2018 Retina Subspecialty Day meeting will take place Friday, Oct. 26 – Saturday, Oct. 27, 2018 at McCormick Place in Chicago
The exhibit program will be held on Friday, Oct. 26 in Lakeside Center, Hall E.
View the full 2018 Exhibitions Schedule (PDF 41KB).
|Thursday, Oct. 25
||7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
||1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
|Friday, Oct. 26
||7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
||9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
||4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Each exhibitor is provided a five-foot by ten-foot (5' x 10') exhibit space and a seven by forty-four inch (7" x 44") identification sign
- Exhibitors are responsible for ordering furniture (tables and chairs) and required utilities.
- Neither aisles or booth space is carpeted. An exhibitor may rent carpet from Freeman.
- Each area has an eight-foot (8') back drape and three-foot (3') side drape.
- Exhibits are primarily for disseminating information and displaying products that fit within the exhibit space.
- Floor plans must be submitted by exhibiting companies who plan to construct a booth within this exhibit space.
- The maximum height of products and display material may not exceed eight feet (8').
- All exhibits are subject to onsite review and where necessary, modification at the exhibitor’s expense.
- Floor plans must be submitted to the Director of Exhibitions, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, Aug. 24, and must include the specifications of the equipment and dimensions for the booth components.
Exhibiting companies receive four (4) complimentary badges per five-foot by ten-foot (5' x 10') exhibit space purchased for company employees to staff the exhibit.
Due to space limitations, the Academy no longer offers additional representatives over the complimentary allotment for Subspecialty Day Exhibitor Representatives.
- This badge must be worn to access Lakeside, Hall E during exhibit installation.
- The Subspecialty Day exhibitor badges will not permit access into the Subspecialty Day educational session rooms.
- If representatives wish to attend a Subspecialty Day Meeting they may register and pay in advance as a Commercial Representative.
Exhibitor Representatives are not:
- Exhibitor Designated Contractor (EDC) personnel (please read EDC section)
- Potential exhibitors
- Physicians (unless full-time company employees)
- Individuals who wish to gain access for the purpose of making contacts
- Leasing companies
- Financial institutions or
and therefore, MAY NOT BE REGISTERED AS REPRESENTATIVES of exhibiting companies.
The Exhibitor Registration website will open on Wednesday, July 25. The online registration system allows exhibiting companies to make additions, changes and deletions to their list of registrants as needed. From July 25 through Oct. 26 exhibiting companies can:
- Add representatives
- Edit existing registrants
- Add paid exhibitor representatives
- Send email confirmations to registrants
- Review and print a list of registrants
Exhibiting companies participating in the AAO 2018 exhibition will have access to the Exhibitor Registration website through the close of the annual meeting.
Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 24, Academy staff in Exhibitor Registration will assist the primary or secondary meeting contact with registration changes (additions and substitutions to, or deletions from the company’s list of registrants) at no cost until Thursday, Oct. 25. Requests to process additions, substitutions, or deletions after Thursday, Oct. 25 will result in a $50 processing fee.
It is the responsibility of the exhibiting company to register their representatives prior to arriving in Chicago.
- There will be a $100 charge for staff in Exhibitor Registration to register a company’s entire list of representatives.
The 2018 Exhibit Sales package containing the Exhibit Space Application and Floor Plan was delivered electronically to all AAO 2017 exhibitors in late March, announcing the beginning of the 2018 exhibit sales cycle.
5’ x 10’ exhibit space
$2,200 for annual meeting exhibitors
$3,000 for Retina exhibit only
The exhibit space for the Retina Subspecialty Day program will be assigned using the following system:
- All companies who submit their completed applications with full payment by Friday, April 27 will be randomly selected for exhibit space.
- All complete applications received after Friday, April 27 will be assigned to the remaining spaces on a first-come basis.
However, the Academy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to allocate space on any other basis it deems appropriate for the Retina Subspecialty Day exhibit program.
The Academy also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reconfigure the exhibit hall floor plan and reassign any exhibiting company at any time. If the affected exhibitor does not agree with the relocation and wishes to withdraw from the exhibition, all payments will be refunded.