APR 28, 2017
4 Perfect Days in New Orleans
New Orleans is one of the world’s most culturally rich destinations. Join us Nov. 11-14 for both the sights and the unparalleled educational offerings at AAO 2017 – Where all of ophthalmology meets®.
Day 1: Saturday, Nov. 11
- Explore the French Quarter and enjoy a breakfast of beignets and café au lait at Café du Monde.
- Attend one of six Subspecialty Day meetings.
- Join informal, interactive discussions on a variety of topics at the Academy Café or in the Learning Lounge.
Day 2: Sunday, Nov. 12
- Start your day with food for thought at Breakfast With the Experts.
- Attend the Opening Session and hear Daniel F. Martin, MD, give the 2017 Jackson Memorial Lecture.
- Take an evening stroll through the Garden District, ending with an unforgettable meal at the famous Commander’s Palace.
Day 3: Monday, Nov. 13
- Learn new techniques in a Skills Transfer lab.
- View Scientific Posters and engage with presenters in discussions about their research.
- Take in the quirky vintage shops and art galleries on Magazine Street. Then check out the modern Israeli cuisine of Shaya, winner of the 2016 James Beard Award for Best New Restaurant.
Day 4: Tuesday, Nov. 14
- Earn the maximum 31 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ — courses and labs run through 3 p.m.
- Last chance to explore the AAO 2017 exhibition — the world’s largest gathering of ophthalmic technology, products and services.
- International travelers: Bring your vouchers, sales receipts, passport and proof of roundtrip travel to a Louisiana Tax Free Shopping Refund Center for a cash refund of the Louisiana state sales tax. Find refund centers in the Riverwalk New Orleans (next door to the convention center) or in the Louis Armstrong International Airport.
See You In New Orleans
Find for more to do and see in New Orleans.