Use the following information when creating your presentations.
All screens will be 16:9 widescreen format, not 4:3. Computers and projectors will be configured for the 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080 resolution. To take full advantage of the widescreen format, build or convert your presentation to 16:9.
Supported Presentation File Formats
.PPT, .PPTX: Orchestrate, the Presentation Management system, is optimized for PowerPoint whether created on a PC or MAC. To take advantage of advanced media support in PowerPoint, we recommend all PPT files be converted to the PPTX format. You can find the convert feature located under “File, Help” when you have your PowerPoint open. The following versions are supported:
- PowerPoint 2021 through PowerPoint 2007
- Office: Mac 2011 through Mac Office 2021
.KEY: You can create a presentation in Keynote. The following versions are supported:
- Keynote v7.3 through Keynote 10
- The file must be saved as a single file, not as a package: Choose File > Advanced > Change File > Single File
Video, Images and Font Support
The Academy supports the following movie formats (PC):
- Quicktime Media Files: .mov (H.264)
- Windows Media Video: .wmv
- Windows Video File: .avi - Note: Divx, Xvid, MPEG 1, MPEG 2 and H.264 codecs are supported.
Windows OS – Preferred format for PCs is WMV. 2,000 Kbps/SD and 8,000 Kbps/HD
Mac OS – Preferred format for Mac is h.264 in a .MOV format. Same bit rates as WMV.
When compressing video it is important that you de-interlace your interlaced video and specify square pixels.
- Subspecialty Day Presenters: Presenters can advance their slides using the keyboard on the lectern. If you fill the screen with your video, you can click the video to allow it to play, then you use the keyboard arrow key to advance to the next slide.
- Course Rooms Presenters: The laptop sits on the lectern, if you fill the screen with your video, you can click the video to allow it to play, then you use the keyboard arrow key to advance to the next slide.
Resize your photos so the larger side of the photo is no more than 2000 pixels. When exporting from Photoshop use JPEG/Quality 10 or PNG. When using other image software use JPEG/Quality 80 (when 100 is the highest) or PNG.
Presentation Management supports fonts that are included with Office 2013. Review an article about Office 2013 fonts. If you need a specialized font, it should be embedded into your PowerPoint presentation. Some licensed fonts may not embed and should be replaced with a font included with Office. Find instructions on this process.
Need Help Onsite?
We will have staff in the Speaker Ready Room to assist with video conversion, file conversions (ppt to pptx), font issues and general slide edits.
Financial Disclosure PowerPoint Slides
Presenters are required to disclose both verbally and on the first presentation slide whether or not they have financial relationships. Find more information, as well as slides to insert into your presentation on the Financial Disclosure and First-Slide Policy page.
Evaluation PowerPoint Slide
The 2023 Evaluation PowerPoint Slide will be available soon to add to your deck.