How to Access the Program
- Mobile Meeting Guide: Full meeting, exhibition and program information - including handouts. Login required. No need to visit the app store! The Mobile Meeting Guide is a website designed to work on any mobile device, tablet, laptop or computer. Learn more about all the Mobile Meeting Guide features.
- Meeting Program (PDF 12MB): Condensed program, meeting and exhibition information. Pick up a printed Meeting Program at a Registration counter when you pick-up your meeting badge.
Explore highlights from the AAO 2019 program using the navigation bar on the left.
The Academy offers over 350 courses in topics from cataract to vision rehabilitation. This includes over 100 courses in practice management topics such as practice quality and coding & reimbursement.
All instruction courses, and Skills Transfer didactic lectures, are part of the Academy Plus course pass.
New! When you purchased the Academy Plus course pass you automatically gained complimentary access to Meetings on Demand presentations captured from AAO 2019 and AAOE. Watch your favorite presentations again or see what you missed.
Symposia and Spotlights
Over 50 symposia took place at AAO 2019. Often Named Lectures occur during these sessions. All symposia and Spotlight Sesssions are free with your meeting registration.
Each Original Paper session focuses on a specific topic followed by a panel discussion. At the end of each session, the panel selects the best paper. Sessions are free with your meeting registration.
Poster Theater and Lounge
In the Poster Theater you can attend 90-minute, small-group, peer moderated discussions of selected posters. Each session focuses on a specific subject.
In the lounge, at each of the six e-poster stations, four presenting authors give a summary of their e-posters followed by an informal discussion among presenters and attendees.
All sessions within the Poster Theater and Lounge are free with your meeting registration.
Sip free coffee and hear expert panels debate the issues. Then use your cell phone, smartphone or laptop to text message questions to the speakers. Sessions are free with your meeting registration.
AAOE Practice Management Program
Learn from the experts, engage in conversations with colleagues and pick up takeaways that you can share and immediately put into place in your practice. The program includes:
- Instruction Courses
- Master Classes
- Coding Sessions
- Saturday Specials
- General Session
- Hot Topics Roundtables
- Conversations With the Experts
Find more information about the AAOE Practice Management Program.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Review CME information including:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ available for AAO 2019, Subspecialty Day meetings and AAOE Half-Day Coding Sessions.
- Availability of American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO) self-assessment credit for specific AAO 2019 courses/sessions.
- How to verify your attendance at AAO 2019.
- How to claim CME credits.
- How to access CME transcripts.