JAN 21, 2022
Straight From the Cutter's Mouth
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute is celebrating its 60th anniversary and multiple guests join to lend historical perspective on major retina advancements at the institute.
- Dr. Eduardo Alfonso: Introduction (3:00)
- Dr. John Clarkson: The Founding Five, including discussion of Dr. J. Donald Gass (9:25)
- Dr. Steve Charles: Development of Modern Vitrectomy Surgical Systems (23:10)
- Dr. Philip Rosenfeld: Using Avastin for Retinal Disease (28.02)
- Dr. Mary Lou Lewis: Female Surgeons Entering the Field of Retina (44:57)
- Drs. Harry W. Flynn Jr. and Richard Forster: Developing Modern Treatments for Endophthalmitis (52:47)
- Drs. Lisa Olmos de Koo and Charles Wykoff: Alumni Perspectives and What to Look For in the Future (1:07:05)
Relevant Financial Disclosures:
Dr. Sridhar is a consultant for Alcon, Allergan, Dorc, Genentech, and Regeneron. Dr. Charles consults for and holds patents via Alcon. None of the other participants have relevant financial disclosures.