Skip to main content
  • Alternating Esotropia


    I can only see out of one eye at a time but can quickly switch so it is not noticeable even to me. What is that called?


    You probably have what is known as alternating esotropia—a lazy eye condition which will let you fixate with either eye, but not at the same time. I would consult with a muscle specialist (usually a pediatric ophthalmologist) to see if surgery can help you fuse the image of both eyes.

    Answered By: