• How should I get my retina checked because I have small pupils and ptosis?


    I have very small pupils and ptosis. Would you recommend a doctor dilate my eyes and then use the large machine with the bright green light to check my retina and health of my eyes? Usually they cannot get a picture due to my lids and the shape of my eyes.


    I would recommend that you see an ophthalmologist and have a good comprehensive eye examination that includes dilating of the pupils. This is the optimal way to "check the retina" and photographs are usually not necessary.

    Answered By: