What Are the Risks of Avastin Treatment?
Every treatment can have side effects. It is important to understand the benefits and risks of any treatment you might have. Avastin may cause these problems:
- eye infection
- detached retina (where the retina lifts up from the back of the eye)
- cataracts (clouding of the eye’s normally clear lens)
Other side effects may include:
- eye redness
- being extra sensitive to light
- eye pain
- changes in vision, including blurriness and seeing double images
- dry or itchy eyes
- feeling like something is in your eye
Call your ophthalmologist right away if you have any of these problems within a few days of Avastin treatment.
If you have any questions about your eyes or your vision, be sure to ask. Your ophthalmologist is committed to protecting your sight.