OCT 26, 2018
3 Ways to Watch Subspecialty Day and AAO 2018 Online
There are 3 ways to watch the action online.
1. Watch for daily videos. In 1 of today’s videos, Joan W. Miller, MD, talks about the art and science of developing new therapies for age-related macular degeneration, which was the topic of her 2018 Charles L. Schepens, MD, Lecture.
And earlier in the day, as they paused between sessions, your colleagues shared why they are excited about AAO 2018.
2. Buy AAO Meetings on Demand. Watch highlights from the 8 Subspecialty Day meetings, the AAOE program, and AAO 2018. Get 10% off when you make a purchase during AAO 2018. To obtain this special meeting-only discount, go to the Academy Resource Center (Booth 508), which is open during exhibit hall hours, or go to the Meetings on Demand desk in the Grand Concourse, which is open on Saturday (7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.), Sunday and Monday (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.), and Tuesday (8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.). After AAO 2018, can buy it online at the Academy store.
3. Sign up for the AAO Virtual Meeting. Approximately 20 hours of presentations will be streamed live from Chicago. To enjoy these screenings—and share comments online with your colleagues—sign up for the Academy’s Virtual Meeting. (You will need your Academy login credentials.)
Over the next 4 days, the Academy will livestream the following:
- 9:10-10:18 a.m. (CDT) Cornea Subspecialty Day, Section II: Concerning Keratoplasty—Stripping Away the Layers of Mystery
- 10:33-11:36 a.m. (CDT) Glaucoma Subspecialty Day, Section III: New Surgeries
- 8:30-10:00 a.m. (CDT) AAO 2018 Opening Session and Business Meeting
- 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. (CDT) 2018 YO Program New to the Virtual Meeting!
- 10:15-11:45 a.m. (CDT) Spotlight on Common Approaches to Ophthalmic Urgencies
- 2:00-3:15 p.m. (CDT) The Great Debate: Retina
- 3:45-5:00 p.m. (CDT) Best of Retina Society Meetings 2018
- 8:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (CDT) Spotlight on Cataract
- 2:00-3:30 p.m. (CDT) Spotlight on the Art of Patient Communication: How to Handle the Unhappy Patient
- 3:45-5:15 p.m. (CDT) Hot Topics 2018
- 8:30-10:00 a.m. (CDT) Corneal Infections and Keratoplasty: Perspectives From the AAO and PAAO
- 10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (CDT) The Future of Cornea in 3-D: Drugs, Devices, and Diagnostics
After the meeting, you will be able to access archived sessions until Jan. 31, 2019.
Note: The AAO 2018 Virtual Meeting is not eligible for CME credit.