Topcon Medical Systems introduced 13 new products at the American Academy of Ophthalmology meeting in New Orleans.
Products now available in the U.S.:
· The PASCAL Synthesis, a dual-port pattern scanning retinal laser available in both 532 nm and 577 nm wavelengths.
· IMAGEnet 5, a DICOM-compliant digital system to capture, view, and archive, either locally or at remote locations, images of the eye obtained from a Topcon optical devices.
· The Synergy Ophthalmic Data Management System, which integrates images and reports from Topcon and over 130 other manufacturers’ systems into a single, secure, digital environment.
· The CC-100 LCD Acuity Chart System, a versatile computerized acuity chart system with a high- resolution 19” LCD monitor.
· The MC-4S 3D Mirror Chart, which simulates a full 20-foot lane in a 2- to 5-foot range, allowing for use in very small refraction areas. It also features a high resolution, polarized LCD display that includes all common visual acuity charts as well as the ability to show 3D movies or the effects of polarization on a patient’s glasses.
· The EZ Lite 2, a DICOM-compliant computerized digital system to capture, view, archive and transmit images of the human eye obtained from a number of different optical devices.
Products now available outside the U.S.:
· The IS-600N, an ophthalmic unit with phoropter arm, dual instrument sliding tabletop, halogen reading lamp and chart projector bracket. It can be combined with a selection of ophthalmic chairs; right- or left-handed configurations and different voltages are available.
· The Topcon Specular Microscope model SP-1P, which automatically centers, focuses and acquires the endothelial cell image.
· The KR-800S Auto Kerato/Refractometer, which incorporates subjective visual acuity testing with the latest in auto-refraction technology.