JUL 23, 2014
Cataract/Anterior Segment, Comprehensive Ophthalmology, Cornea/External Disease, Glaucoma, Neuro-Ophthalmology/Orbit, Ocular Pathology/Oncology, Oculoplastics/Orbit, Pediatric Ophth/Strabismus, Refractive Mgmt/Intervention, Retina/Vitreous, Uveitis
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) offers a special bonus payment program for American Board of Ophthalmology-certified ophthalmologists who are participating in a combination of both Maintenance of Certification (MOC) and PQRS Reporting.
To opt into the PQRS: MOC bonus program for an extra 0.5% incentive payment for 2014 (on top of the standard 0.5% PQRS reporting payment), go to the ABO website and log into your MOC Status Page.
To qualify for this incentive, CMS requires:
- Engagement in a Practice Improvement Module (PIM) in 2014 up to the chart re-abstraction phase;
- On-time completion of all current MOC requirements through 2014;
- Submission of five additional CME credits (30 total CME for the calendar year);
- Submission of 45 Patient Experience of Care (PEC) Surveys; and
- Participation in standard PQRS reporting via any qualified reporting system
Contact the American Board of Ophthalmology at 610.664.1175, PQRS@abop.org, or visit abop.org/PQRSMOC for more information.
Credit Designation Statement
The American Academy of Ophthalmology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.