The Academy community includes various platforms where members can engage with each other:
- Commenting on AAO.org website articles
- Giving ratings and reviews for EHR systems
- Email listservs for members of the American Academy of Ophthalmic Executives
- Social media channels: Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The commenting and EHR reviews are exclusive to members; non-members cannot view or participate in those comments or reviews. Explore how to be a part of the Academy's community below.
Commenting: Your Voice Throughout the Academy Website
Commenting allows you to share your thoughts and questions right where the topic is already being talked about. We have expanded the amount of content that has commenting ability, so members can interact directly around their areas of interest. The ability to comment on articles and add them to your to-do list to read later is available in the following areas:
The most-commented on and most-viewed articles appear as a list in the right column of most pages. While we expect all members to aim for the highest level of accuracy, comments on articles are not vetted by Academy staff. Use your own knowledge, common sense and research when evaluating content shared in the comments. If you see or suspect a problem, you can click on the "flag as inappropriate" button from the drop-down menu to the right of the comment in question.
Note: Members may share links to article comments via social media directly from the comments section but comments on AAO.org will remain restricted for viewing by members only.
EHR Reviews: Share and Learn
Start and particiapte in discussions
Read about other practices' experiences with their EHR systems or post a review of your own. If the EHR system you want to review isn't listed, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request for it to be added.
- Rate the system as a whole out of five stars, and rate its performance on standard factors such as "Ease of use" and "Increases patient volume."
- Help others weigh decision points by listing Pros and Cons.
- Share any details or stories in your full-text review.
- Indicate what kind of practice you are part of to help other users find reviews from groups like theirs.
Sign Up for Conversations newsletter
Conversations, a weekly Academy newsletter, highlights topics that Academy members are discussing on social media and on AAO.org. Find out what your colleagues are saying about the latest clinical innovation, health policy developments and other key issues affecting ophthalmology. Get a weekly snapshot and then join the conversation. Sign up for the newsletter.
We welcome your feedback, either in comments on the appropriate area of the site, or by email (email@example.com).