Connect with the American Academy of Ophthalmology while in Lisbon for the XXXV Congress of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS), 7-10 October, 2017, at FIL – Feira Internacional de Lisboa.
Come Visit the Academy at Booth #P1112
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is coming to Lisbon. Discover our latest products and exclusive member benefits, enter to win a free hotel stay at AAO 2017, and attend the always popular ISRS symposium.
Renew Your Membership and Enter to Win a Free Hotel Stay at AAO 2017
Pay your Academy dues for continued access to your exclusive member benefits. And if you plan to attend AAO 2017 in New Orleans, Nov. 11–14, leave your business card for a chance to win a 5-night hotel stay. Drawing will be held at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 10.
Members of the International Society of Refractive Surgery can also renew membership at the Academy’s booth.
Note: Pay your Academy or ISRS membership application fee in cash (US or Euro) or by credit card.
Improve Your Practice with the Academy’s Industry-Leading Products
ISRS Symposium: Living on the Edge
Get the latest research and techniques at the ISRS Symposium
Tuesday, 10 October | 17:00 to 20:00 | Room 3.6
Chairpersons: António Marinho, Joaquim Murta and J. Bradley Randleman
Section 1 : Pearls of Cataract Surgery in 2017
- Update in biometry and online calculators - Filomena Ribeiro (Portugal)
- Intraoperative aberrometry devices and how to use them - Joaquim Murta (Portugal)
- Trifocals versus EDOF IOL - Oliver Findl (Austria)
- Update in accommodative IOLs - Jorge Alio (Spain)
Section 2: Keratoconus - Now What?
- CXL – epi-on, epi-off, iontophoresis, classic, accelerated, controversies -Marcony Santhiago (Brazil)
- Corneal collagen crosslinking: Is corneal stiffening enough to explain the decrease of keratoconus progression? - David Touboul (France)
- Intracorneal rings - what is the best nomogram? - Jose Alfonso (Spain)
- Combination treatments (CXL plus rings, rings plus phakic IOLS) - Aylin Kilic (Turkey)
- What is the best approach to stabilize KC and improve vision in young patients? - Farhad Hafezi (Switzerland)
Section 3: Corneal Refractive - What's Next?
- Integration of Scheimpflug tomography and biomechanics - Renato Ambrósio (Brasil)
- Role for topography-guided LASIK in virgin corneas - Ronald R Krueger (USA)
- LASIK Extra - where are we? - J. Bradley Randleman (USA)
- What´s next? - António Marinho (Portugal)
Section 4: Challenging Cases
- Case 1 - Simon Holland (Canada)
- Case 2 - Theo G. Seiler (Switzerland)
- Case 3 - Soosan Jacob (India)
- Case 4 - Alain Saad (France)
Browse the ESCRS 2017 program for more information.