Opportunities Provided by the MOM Program
At the heart of the MOM program is a dynamic team of ophthalmologist mentors dedicated to supporting students on their paths to becoming competitive ophthalmology residency applicants.
The MOM program provides students the opportunities to:
- Connect with enthusiastic ophthalmologists who support students’ academic and career development
- Explore the field of ophthalmology and gain hands-on experience with ophthalmic technology
- Learn how ophthalmologists positively impact community health by preventing vision loss from diseases such as diabetes and glaucoma
- Discover why ophthalmologists enjoy rewarding work and report high career satisfaction
- See how ophthalmologists are passionate about protecting sight and empowering lives
Who Should Apply
* Underrepresented minorities in medicine include those who identify as Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, or Native American (American Indian/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian). The MOM program is seeking students entering their first or second year of medical school (as of October 1, 2019).
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.