Who Should Apply
Underrepresented in medicine (URiM) students include those who identify as Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, and/or Native American (American Indian/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian).
We are seeking students who will be in their first or second year of medical school during the 2020 - 2021 academic year; OR pre-medical students planning to enter medical school in 2021 (for example, college seniors, post-baccalaureate students or students taking a gap year for research).
Student Engagement Program
Students selected to participate in the Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring program are required to attend the virtual Student Engagement Program in November 2020. No funding is required.
Dates and Deadlines
- July 15, 2020: Student application closed
- July 31, 2020: Student acceptance notifications sent
- August 15, 2020: Mentor and/or speaker interest form due
- September 2020: Mentor status notifications sent
- November 2020: Student Engagement Program (AAO 2020 Virtual)
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.