Who Should Apply
Underrepresented minority students include those who identify as Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, or Native American (American Indian/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian). The program is seeking applicants who will be first- or second-year medical students or undergraduate seniors during the 2020 - 2021 academic year.
The Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring program provides no financial support. Students are encouraged to seek funding through their school’s diversity office, office of student affairs or department of ophthalmology.
Dates and Deadlines
- June 15, 2020: Student application due (application opens Nov. 4, 2019)
- July 15, 2020: Mentor and/or speaker interest form due
- July 2020: Student acceptance notifications sent
- August 2020: Mentor status notifications sent
- Nov. 14 and 15, 2020: Student Engagement Weekend at AAO 2020 (Las Vegas, NV)
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact email@example.com.