Who Should Apply
Underrepresented minorities in medicine include those who identify as Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, or Native American (American Indian/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian). The program is seeking medical students entering their first or second year as well as college undergraduates entering their senior year (as of October 1, 2019).
The Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring program provides no financial support to students; therefore, students are encouraged to seek funding through their school’s Diversity Office, Office of Student Affairs or Department of Ophthalmology.
Dates and Deadlines
- June 15, 2019: Student application due
- July 15, 2019: Mentor and/or speaker interest form due
- July 2019: Student acceptance notifications sent
- August 2019: Mentor status notifications sent
- October 12 and 13, 2019: Student Engagement Weekend at AAO 2019 (San Francisco, California)
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact email@example.com.