We are excited to see you at the Museum of the Eye®! Our goal is to provide visitors with a safe and enjoyable experience while exploring the museum’s galleries. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we've added precautions to help safeguard our staff and visitors. Take a look, as the museum requires compliance with the following guidelines.
What to Expect
- You will be provided a sanitized stylus to activate the touch screen exhibits.
COVID-19 Code of Conduct
We are a medical museum. Join us in protecting the health of our community. We ask that guests follow these enhanced safety precautions.
- Masks are required for all visitors age 3 and older.
- If you’re not feeling 100% take care and please stay home.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently during your visit. Sanitizer dispensers are in each gallery in the museum.
- No food or drink in the museum.
- Keep moving through the museum. Do not gather or linger in one area; transmission risk (including asymptomatic transmission) increases with prolonged exposure within an enclosed space.
- Any behavior or activity that disrupts the safe or orderly use of the museum, or that affects the staff’s ability to provide services, is prohibited.
- Treat each other and our staff with respect — no engaging in rude, inconsiderate or abusive behavior. Visitors not following the COVID-19 Code of Conduct will be asked to leave.
COVID-19 Prescreening Questions
The city of San Francisco requires these questions be posted. Review them, and if you answer “yes” or “maybe” to any, return another day. Simply revisit our reservations page online to make a new reservation for free.
- Within the past 10 days, have you been diagnosed with or tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you had close contact with or do you live in the same household with someone who in the past 14 days has been in isolation for or tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you had any of the following in the last 24 hours?
- A cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- A fever of 100.4° or higher
- Chills, fatigue or muscle and body aches
- Headache or a sore throat
- A persistent runny nose
- A sudden loss of taste or smell
By entering the museum, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and answered “no” to all these questions. While the Truhlsen-Marmor Museum of the Eye® is implementing enhanced health and safety measures for our visitors and employees, an inherent risk of exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19) exists in any public space where people are present. By visiting the Museum of the Eye®, you acknowledge and voluntarily assume all risk to any potential exposure to COVID-19.